1968 dodge With .510 Cam SL6!!

-
Extremely cool+ add 150 horse nitrous=stock small block thrasher

thats what the plan is. i really want to get 1.6 roller rockers and bigger valves out of a ford. but then i would have to port it some more... darn... :snakeman:

Sounds good,take 500lbs out of car and spank those 5.0s.Guzzi Mark

yea im working with SMR transmissions so i can get a rock solid manual shift 904 behind it and have a 8.75 with 3.91. looking for 742 case and posi.

510. CAM HOLY COW in a slant that is freakin awsome sounds good to

510. CAM HOLY COW in a slant that is freakin awsome sounds good to

haha yea its .510 246 dur @ .050 and 108LSA solid lifter. my next cam will be around .540 lift 256 dur @ .050 and 104LSA solid roller.

whats the complete engine combo?comp ratio,overbore,milling,etc.im planning on a slant build up for my 66 valiant.

what gear & convertor?

hows it when in gear at stop light?

haha well im builting a 8.75 with posi and 3.91's with 28 in tall tire. and i am orderering the stuff for my 904 like a manual valve body and 4200 stall converter. so right now i just have to two foot it a lil but it will almost idle in gear once it warms up, stock cnverter just kills it

whats the complete engine combo?comp ratio,overbore,milling,etc.im planning on a slant build up for my 66 valiant.

well right now the comp is 9:1 but i need to deck the block and get shorter push rods. i milled the head .110 and bored it .080 over. i did some things internally not parts wise tho, just things. the head has a full port for the casting with 1.7 1.44 valves, soon to be replaced by 1.75 1.5 in a better casting i have. the cam is an erson special grind .510/.510 246* @ .050 and a 108 LSA. the things to watch for are that with big cams u have to recess the tops of the guides and adj spring pockets so they won't bind, also u dn't have to worry about new push rods till u take over .150 out of the head and block. pm me with ur email an ill send u pics and where to get parts.

ed

I have some papers around here that tell ya how much per cc to mill, something like .006 or .007=1cc and they start out 54'ish cc's.

I had a 225 bored .030 and had .020 milled off the block and .080 off the head, thats around 15cc's removed for around 9.4-9.6 comp w/ over bore.

those 225 need help reving which is why you end up with the center lines that slant cams have, my old MP cam was on a 108cl.

I's toast warmed up v8's till in the mid of 2nd gear...then they'd pass me.
stock v8's I'd toast no problem.

they lack upper rpm torque.

Would be interested in the pics & any other info you are willing to furnish. Currently working on a 71 Demon doing some head porting & then 1.7/1.44 valves. Have a set of Hookers. Haven't decided on intake/fuel yet. Like the looks of the Webers. Thanks.

-
Back