1968 gss 1 of 48

-

junkyard jac

Reaction score
hi guys. in the process of trying to perfectly reproducing a mr. norm 68 gss. there has to be somebody on fabo who has pulled off this clone. would love to see what you have accomplished. please be in touch. I really want to get this right. just today I discovered that a third switch was used for an electric fuel pump. that would be the placement of the switch used for power top on a convertible. gone through fabo gallery and no 68 gss that I could find. love this site so much.

I have been around 13 of the original 68 GSS Darts and none of them had an electric fuel pump so I don't know where you got that info. I was involved in restoring 3 of the originals, one maroon, one silver, and one yellow and they did not have electric pumps. There are not many changes that were made on the cars, basically a custom motor mount on the drivers side and 67 383 A-Body exhaust manifolds were used on the 440's. Everything else was 383 GTS parts already used on the cars. They were all automatics with 8-3/4 rears. Just build the car as you would a 383 GTS, add the 440 with the correct mount, then buy a reproduction sticker and put it on the trunk! I would use modern under chassis headers, that is the only difference that would be worth it.

thanks hemi ss. just proves you cant believe everything you read. I am going to lose the electric fuel pump. the sticker on the back would be the mr. norm decal right. I did find a set of 68 383 gts exhaust manifolds. I will send you pictures when done. I think you would be the perfect judge.

I would love pictures of your car, the Mr Norm sticker goes on the drivers side of the trunk lid where it turns down, I am sure you have seen pics.

I'm making a gss clone, I can tell ya that damn stripe was a hard thing to come by. but mine is a prostreet version so probably waaaay away from what your trying to do

-
Back