1968 GTS Dart 383 4spd Fo-sale!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad its all the way in HI or id be all over that

wow that wont last long, great price.....probably cost you 3 to 4K to ship it back to the states.

Before you sell your GTS, can you send me the fender tag info and any history you may have on the car to me at the GTS Registry???

www.geocities.com/gtsreg/

At least we can get it into the data base before the sale. If that car were stateside, it would be sold in a heartbeat!

Using Craigslist is a good way to market it since it addresses the locals. Like Mopar-N said it would be expensive to ship it back to the U.S. mainland. Good luck with your sale, I hope it finds a good home.

Thanks guys. I've had a couple of people interested already. I thought the price was pretty reasonable for a complete 383 GTS. The car went through at least 6 previous owners, can you believe that the car still retains the original exhaust manifolds??!!:shock:

rsz_1DSCF0061.jpg

Just for fun, I've got a buddy that works for a lumber broker and he's in charge of shipping ships full of material all over the world. I mean Brazil, China and the works so i've got your zip and city so i'll give him that info and we'll see what the cost would be to the mainland. I'll get two quotes. One to Los Angeles and the other to Springfield, Missouri. Would you be able to put it in a container and strap it down if they dropped it in your front yard? I'll check on it Monday and post back on what i find. Just courious as most of us are i'm sure.

Can't tell from the pics. What color was it originally?

I think I got more responses from the mainland then from here locally in Hawaii. I had one guy leave a message on my phone to call him back. Checked the area code and he's somewhere in Maryland??? If you are on this board, please contact me via here or e-mail.

Car was originally white with blue interior. I will try to take some pics of the interior and post it soon.

To SmallBlock: I don't think a container will fit in my parent's yard or on the street. I can probably get a towing company to tow the car down to a container yard. I am also curious on the shipping charges.

I'm waiting on a price from some people I've used before as well

My guesstimate is $3,000 to ship from Hawaii to West Coast Port in
CA, and then another $800.00 to ship from CA to Midwest or $1,800
to ship from CA to NY. So Range of $3,800.00 to $ 4,800.00 and I haven't
called for quote nor do I work for import / export business, just a guess.

Any other guesses before actual prices are revealed ??

My friend is willing to shell out big bucks for that BB radiator for his hemi dart clone. Good luck on the sale!!

Guys...if I had the space...I'd buy this from Brian. He's an honest and trustworthy guy...and I'm not even jealous of his A/C Dart... ;)

(HATE THAT A/C DART! ) ;) His driver not this one...Brian knows what I mean!

BUMP!

Thanks Mike (Dfnsmn34) for the help on the shipping link and the kind words!

As for the a/c car....

340eng.jpg

I love to rub it in!:toothy7:

340eng.jpg

I got tired of waiting and called this morning only to have some fast talkin, New York soundin guy tell me "It has to be in running condition"

and that was that...........

nice fella....

Had a lot of inquiries, but nothing has finalized yet. Had a couple of requests for pics of the interior and trunk. Worst rust is on the bottom of trunk lid and left side trunk hinge braket. Spare tire area and sides fairly clean.

rsz_013.jpg

rsz_014.jpg

rsz_015.jpg

rsz_016.jpg

rsz_017.jpg

rsz_1018.jpg

rsz_019.jpg

rsz_020.jpg

rsz_021.jpg

Some more pics I took of some of the rust issues. I could only shoot the driver's rear frame. I will try to take some more pics this week of the undercarriage. Sorry, darn jack was acting up.

rsz_022.jpg

rsz_023.jpg

rsz_024.jpg

rsz_025.jpg

rsz_026.jpg

rsz_027.jpg

rsz_028.jpg

rsz_029.jpg

rsz_030.jpg

I have had a lot of interests locally as well as on the mainland on the car. Well I not going to wait for these guys. The car is still for sale. One member, 68ABODY, has been gracious to relay some shipping info. And that he was quoted $1,200 to San Diego! Name of the shipper is Pasha Hawaii. They will ship a non-running car as long as it steers, rolls, stops, and does not leak.

On another note, I took pics of the fender tag and broadcast sheets and had them posted..

rsz_031.jpg

rsz_043.jpg

rsz_044.jpg

rsz_045.jpg

My buddy made few inquireis and obviously the people that he checked with are not in the car shipping business. They do use containers but with it not running the cost escalates. To Springfield, Missouri it was a stupid $7000. Did i say stupid? That Hawaii company sounds like the way to go. Good luck with it. What people does the military use when our soldiers send their cars over there? Some of you military guys come in here and speak up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back