1968 GTS unrestored original

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that it was sold today,not sure of the price but even good quility project cars will sell and as an added bonus you can drive it around and enjoy as is.I have 5 69 gts cars and only 2 are restored right now so i threw all my spare parts together to put 1 of my 383 cars on the road sure it needs paint and some interior work but i can know drive and enjoy it,not every car needs a show car resto and i believe the new owner is going to dive this car for long time before it gets a resto and thats whats good about driving project cars with good sheetmetal.

I agree 100% on putting them together and driving them no matter how they look. In fact I prefer looking at the survivers way more that a modified show car in most cases. Too many people rip them apart and run out of ambition and resources. Said my piece on the Dart I still think there is value in it at full asking price in this shitty economy. Guess someone else does too. I would of considered buying it back if I was in a better position cash wise.

I agree 100% on putting them together and driving them no matter how they look. In fact I prefer looking at the survivers way more that a modified show car in most cases. Too many people rip them apart and run out of ambition and resources. Said my piece on the Dart I still think there is value in it at full asking price in this shitty economy. Guess someone else does too. I would of considered buying it back if I was in a better position cash wise.
It's sold. Yes the car need a restoration but to what extent? Geeze if its on a rotessrie you just might as well not drive it at all exept to shows once or twice a year. The As far as im concerned down the road the car will be very exceptable with paint seat covers carpet and other odds and ends.

It does have the build sheet and quite original besides the radiator and missing shroud.

P.S. I REALLY don't understand this way of thinking latley " even if it was given to you by the time its restored you would be in over your head." That to me means it better have a wing, multiple carbs, hemi head, or a hi-pef drop top etc. to make it worth it right?

I believe that it was sold today,not sure of the price but even good quility project cars will sell and as an added bonus you can drive it around and enjoy as is.I have 5 69 gts cars and only 2 are restored right now so i threw all my spare parts together to put 1 of my 383 cars on the road sure it needs paint and some interior work but i can know drive and enjoy it,not every car needs a show car resto and i believe the new owner is going to dive this car for long time before it gets a resto and thats whats good about driving project cars with good sheetmetal.

I'm tired of the resto people arguing about prices to restore vs what it will sell for......
We need more cars on the road like your '69 GTS so that they are out there and being enjoyed as is, drive 'em as you restore 'em and who cares what it looks like? Not everyone has the money to completely and properly restore a car these days anyway.
That's the future of the hobby right now as i see it.
JMHO,
Tom.

I just gotta throw my 2 cent in here, because all I hear is people talking about how you will be "Upside down" on restoring a car.

Fist of all, almost anyone that restores a car properly will be upside down. Before the muscle car boom, people spent many times what they could get out of a car to restore it, because they were enthusiasts. They found a car that they loved, restored it, and didnt care what it cost. Now, all anyone is worried about is being upside down!

If that thinking keeps up, then there will be no restored cars to buy either, because the only cars that will ever get restored are the rare ones, and most of us cant afford them.

We need to get back to being muscle car enthusiasts, and not financial planners or car-flippers.

I just gotta throw my 2 cent in here, because all I hear is people talking about how you will be "Upside down" on restoring a car.

Fist of all, almost anyone that restores a car properly will be upside down. Before the muscle car boom, people spent many times what they could get out of a car to restore it, because they were enthusiasts. They found a car that they loved, restored it, and didnt care what it cost. Now, all anyone is worried about is being upside down!

If that thinking keeps up, then there will be no restored cars to buy either, because the only cars that will ever get restored are the rare ones, and most of us cant afford them.

We need to get back to being muscle car enthusiasts, and not financial planners or car-flippers.

Truer words were never spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back