1968 Hemi Dart

-
A good buddy of mine wanted to go water skiing yesterday so we hooked up his 1972 Chrysler Conqueror boat with an original Chrysler Stacker racing outboard to my Dart and off we went.

Exellent job with really great work!!At this point,whatever you do,,,,,don't find traction[-X:burnout:without connectors and a roll bar!!

I love those front wheel, where in the world did you find those???

Who's fiberglass did you use for the fenders and the hood??

I really like those headers, do you have an Email address for him??

Thanks again!!

Answers to a couple of the questions and again thanks to all the guys for the kind words about the car.

1. The headers were custom made for the car here in Mn. by a gentleman named Skip Lisell. Skip and his friend Dale have been making headers for many years and are local legends. The headers unfortunately are not available as a kit. PM me for Skip's contact info.

The next time I see Skip and/or Lt. Bullett (Dale), i'll let them know that they have reached "legend" status :cheers:. There's a good chance that I will see Skip up at BIR this weekend for the Muscle Car Shootout. L8r.

Jim

See what it will do in the quarter with the boat in tow. Now that is a tow rig....just don't get those rear tires wet..it'll be hell on the boat ramp.

Yea a funny thing happened when we went to launch the boat. The boat sunk and car floated. Something ain't right here.

The original cars were painted black in both the engine compartment and the trunk. To my knowledge this is the only time Ma Mopar deviated from body color paint in these areas.

The original cars were painted black in both the engine compartment and the trunk. To my knowledge this is the only time Ma Mopar deviated from body color paint in these areas.

bingo...

hey nice work! i see some of "our" parts here and there on your car! right on...

great job on the little things i might add... the blue coil for the presolite ignition... looks like the jones mech tach...

i would junk those plastic fuel filter for steels ones for safety and a last little touch...

Attachments

• 101_4245.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_5689.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 464
The original cars actually came with plastic fuel filters. In keeping with my theme of a high level of correctness I used some reproductions which were stamped correctly. Unfortunately the letter stamping quickly faded out.

The Hurst mags are a nice touch. they must have been hard to come by. the car looks really sharp! L8r

Jim

The next time I see Skip and/or Lt. Bullett (Dale), i'll let them know that they have reached "legend" status :cheers:. There's a good chance that I will see Skip up at BIR this weekend for the Muscle Car Shootout. L8r.

Jim

Why didn't you use the Hooker headers if you were going for authenticity?

TTI brought a Hemi Dart clone to Fall Fling. It was supposed to be a good duplicate. It was primer gray with black glass fenders. You may want to compare notes with them.

-
Back