Convertible too!

Attachments

• 69 Barracuda rag.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,201
  • 69 Barracuda rag2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,182
  • 69 Barracuda rag3.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,190
I for some resaon can not reply to this ad anybody know how to contact this person am very interested in car

No phone number or contact info posted. May be to reduce spammers...or be a bit fishy. Even though my 340 Vert is coming Wed, I still put out a feeler e-mail via craigslist to get fender tag pic, info, etc.

It looks like those are painted/powdercoated Rallye wheels....or am I crazy?

Additionally, it is hard to tell, but I do not see the "340-S" emblem underneath the script "Barracuda" on the front fenders...

I love the color combo. I've always said if I buy a 69 model it would have to be a yellow modtop notch. If I could buy 2 that would be 1 of them for sure.

It is a cool color, not much info in the add though...I wonder what makes it 1 of 91?? There had to be more than 91 69 340 verts made....could be wrong though

Here is what I got from the seller:

The VIN # is BH27P9B157658, and here are some more pictures. I believe all #’s match. I have listed the one’s I know on the listing. I purchased from a man in Minnesota 3 years ago. The history he had listed was that the car was originally purchased by a Plymouth dealer/mechanic and he owned until he died. According to the son, the original 340 was taken out and stored for 25 years. He put a 318 in it and drove until 1999/2000 when he retired. He then put the 340 back in it. The car has approx 104K, but the engine has approx. 27K. The guy I purchased from had it as a second collector car. I never spent any time verifying the story. I was looking for a fun car to drive. I have put approx 1000 miles on it in the 3 years I have owned. It is garaged from October – April and has not seen rain or snow since I have owned it. It has 1 spot of rust that is bubbled under the paint. Otherwise the body is great. A mechanic / mopar collector helped me replace the master cylinder and a few brake parts this past Summer. Other than that I haven’t had to do anything. There may be a slight hole in the exhaust, but nothing serious. Please let me know if there's anything else that you might need.

Nathan Jeppson | Manager, Pharmacy Receivables | Sales Accounting & Operations | ¤TARGET | Tel: (763) 440.2830 | Fax: (763) 440.5228 | 7000 Target Parkway North | NCB 03-754 | Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

If I did not JUST buy a 340 Vert, this would be worth a flight and shipping....certainly at that price. I know it is a soft market, but it seems like a steal. The car deserves to go to a FABO home. Finding 340 Verts' is not getting any easier.

Additionally, just as an FYI, the car should be one of 125 1969 340 Verts. According to documentation I have found there were 83 Formula 'S' optioned verts (A53, if memory serves), and 42 what I have dubbed "Base" 340 cars. Rare fish if the numbers match.

http://www.plymouthbarracuda.net/information/1969-barracuda-production.shtml

I know people criticize this resource. I too see the 91 here as well. I guess I misinterpreted the 83 Formula 'S' cars as being rolled up under the 125 total. Either way, hard fish to find.

Hopefully at the end of this thread someone will post they looked at it, bought it, and are having a blast with it!

I wish I had room for two...

Bump. I think this car is more than worth it if it even is close to what he says it is. Nate is honest and forthcoming. I know that this time of year is tight to buy and sell (especially a convertible), but I think this car warrants inspection by someone in the midwest... Hopefully someone will take a ride this weekend.

That car was at an estate auction in Farmington MN about three years ago and did not meet the minimum. The story about the car is what was told at the auction FYI?

Car is not a matching number car.....has a 72 block in it...727 trans has serial numbers filed off. Car needs complete front end rebuild, Car has significant rust in the body and has had the floor pans replaced. Transplant motor and trans leaking significantly. Does not have correct exhaust manifolds, does have X heads and correct intake. Body numbers are correct. Interior and top are at end of life.......Car is a A02 build date (october???) and the data tag pans out as the E55 and D32 drive train. Manual Drum brakes around...P/S should have 340 longitudinal stripe....

Shame.....I was ready to buy it if it was the real deal. If anyone wants to take on the project I have a September 68 block and mated 727 trans here in San Diego.....

[QUOTE

Shame.....I was ready to buy it if it was the real deal. If anyone wants to take on the project I have a September 68 block and mated 727 trans here in San Diego.....[/QUOTE]

Please, spare us the bull $hit, you are all talk when it comes to making a deal:violent1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back