1969 Barracuda Carpeting

-

mncudaguy

Reaction score
Does anyone fancy themselves as an expert or maybe you have owned some 68 or 69 Barracudas. I am restoring a 69 M-Code and want to do it right. The tray in the back storage area of my car did not have carpet in it. Does that mean the back seat did not either? What about the trunk divider? The car does not appear to have the original back seat. I have a parts car that has a mat on the seat back and the storage ares, but this car does not have the fold down seat ( I do not believe). Thats another question, was the fold down rear seat an option? Seems they all had it but it sounds like it was optional. If you can shed some light on this would appreciate it.

Thanks

Does anyone fancy themselves as an expert or maybe you have owned some 68 or 69 Barracudas. I am restoring a 69 M-Code and want to do it right. The tray in the back storage area of my car did not have carpet in it. Does that mean the back seat did not either? What about the trunk divider? The car does not appear to have the original back seat. I have a parts car that has a mat on the seat back and the storage ares, but this car does not have the fold down seat ( I do not believe). Thats another question, was the fold down rear seat an option? Seems they all had it but it sounds like it was optional. If you can shed some light on this would appreciate it.

Thanks

Fold down rear seat was a Fastback piece. If yours is a Notch the package tray was not covered in carpet. It was like a cardboard material. The Notches also had a divider Made of a cardboard type material.

Fold down rear seat was optional in 69 fastbacks. It seems that many of the m-codes did not come with this option.

Grant

Yep I agree with grant, the67-8 cudas fold down rear seat in the fastbacks were std equipment, 69 it was an option.

Fold down seat was an option for '69, std on earlier cars like stated above. The back of seat, floor, and trunk divider were carpeted. The side panels were vinyl on std interior cars. The deluxe interior cars got carpet on the side panels.

The non fold down rear seats had rubber half way down the back of the seat, Because it didnt fold down it didnt matter and the inner quarter trim was color matched vinyl and the floor was rubber matting also on the standard interior. I would want it to fold down I would switch it...All you need is the hardware for the seat back.

-
Back