1969 Barracuda fastback parking brake cables

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
I need to order new parking brake cables for my 69 fastback Barracuda. Classic Industries says there are 2 different setups for 67-74 A bodies but I don't know which one my car came with.

One setup is 4 cables which is 1 front, 1 intermediate, 2 short equal length rear cables and a long threaded adjuster hook.

The other setup is 3 cables which is 1 front and 2 rear cables ( one short and one long) and no long adjuster hook.

Can someone look at their fastback and tell me which setup their car came with? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

I need to order new parking brake cables for my 69 fastback Barracuda. Classic Industries says there are 2 different setups for 67-74 A bodies but I don't know which one my car came with.

One setup is 4 cables which is 1 front, 1 intermediate, 2 short equal length rear cables and a long threaded adjuster hook.

The other setup is 3 cables which is 1 front and 2 rear cables ( one shrt and one long) and no long adjuster hook.

Can someone look at their fastback and tell me which setup their car came with? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Where's your Barracuda?

My '69 is a 3 cable.
I just installed an Inline Tube set. Not particularly pleased with their quality and support.

They packaged a "5/16-18 3 hit top lock flange automation" nut for the hardened adjustment rod which is way too high in prevailing torque.
When asked about their spec, they replied that they don't have one.
If you do get this set with that nut, test the nut on the threads BEFORE you install that front cable. There are alternative lock nuts out there.

upload_2020-10-12_13-56-30.png

The other setup is 3 cables which is 1 front and 2 rear cables ( one short and one long) and no long adjuster hook.

Maybe you could contact the shop where the car is and ask them what's on there or they could send you a few pictures and you could post them here. That's usually very helpful.

I sent the car to him as a bare shell. The parking brake assembly was very rusted and trashed so when I removed it I threw it all away. Does your car have the 3 cable system as well?

My 68 fastback Barracuda as the three cable set up, one long cable from the dash parking brake lever that ends in a threaded diameter near the rear axel. At the threaded diameter section there is a special clamp to which the un equal length R rear and L rear parking brake cables attach to.

-
Back