Status
Not open for further replies.

426hemiduster

hemiduster
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a nice front header panel and hood for a 69 barracuda.I would like to change the front of my 68 to 69 slyle.I have a good no rust 340 hood,header panel and ok grils to trade or will buy and list my stuff for sale.

You can also use a later model Dart hood,same hood and it has crumple zones.

74darthood.jpg

74darthood1.jpg

74 Dart hood 125
PM sent with more pics.
Thanks!

Just went through the same process, putting correct '69 parts on mine after a previous owner had installed a '67 nose... my hood is from a Dart, and unless you look at the bracing under it, it is identical. You'll need a '67- '69 hood latch hook, IIRC.

Just to let you know, '69 grilles are some of the most expensive out there. PG Classic is supposed to be producing repops, but the availability date keeps getting moved back. If and when they get the parts, they want $299 each side for the plastic, $299 each side for the chrome surrounds, and $199 each side for the eggcrates. Then you'll still need marker light housings, bezels, lenses, and mounts.

King of Trim; when they get them, (which isn't often) ; usually wants $4,000 for a restored set with "minor imperfections".

This set went pretty cheap, but looks like they'll need work...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Somebody had a decent used set a month or two ago for $1,000, but they were original 41 year-old chrome, needed new lenses, and had some cracks in the plastic.

I swapped my decent '67 header and grilles for cracked-up stuff from a '69, and was glad to get it. I had to do a lot of plastic "welding" with a soldering gun, using scrap plastic and epoxy to back up potential crack areas, but they turned out pretty nice. A friend let me use a completely broken up set for plastic parts and some of the clips, which nobody reproduces.

The chrome surrounds I have were pitted a little, and one side was broken where the screw goes into the front of the fender. Advanced Plating in Nashville wanted $1572.38 to restore them. (OUCH!!!) Since it isn't a concourse resto, I took them to S&H Chrome in Nashville and they got them looking driver-nice for $500. Add in the $90 + shipping for new lenses (PG Classic: one side fit great, had to alter the other but I was just glad they were available), about 80 hours of work, and a lot of frustration and I was able to trade into the correct '69 stuff and make it nice for $600. Oh... plus skim coat filler, sandpaper, primer, paint, cleaning supplies and band-aids! :)

If you end up restoring a set, give me a shout. I may be able to save you a little time and some headaches...

looking for a nice front header panel and hood for a 69 barracuda.I would like to change the front of my 68 to 69 slyle.I have a good no rust 340 hood,header panel and ok grils to trade or will buy and list my stuff for sale.
have lot of 69 parts none cheap let me know exactly what you need and again i have nothing to give away

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back