1969 Barracuda 'Options'

-
Post pic of fendertag, easiest way.
2A77FF9A-86E2-46C4-8DD3-AA3E73498891.jpeg

The fender tag is partially rusted out and hard to read.

Here is a picture of my 383-s window sticker, a car with stripe delete. The proper code is V78.

View attachment 1715835924
My fender tag doesn't have the the V78 stripe delete code, but does have the V7F code. It appears to me it was the 2 small stripes, which must have been painted on. That would make sense as to why they weren't put back on when the car was repainted. I wonder what colour green they would have been?

My fender tag doesn't have the the V78 stripe delete code, but does have the V7F code. It appears to me it was the 2 small stripes, which must have been painted on. That would make sense as to why they weren't put back on when the car was repainted. I wonder what colour green they would have been?
RPO Codes.com- Chrysler_Option_Codes- T to Z
V7F is on the page

Oldmopardude, interesting car, I have pretty much the same one. 69 383 fastback, 4 speed, f8, green deluxe interior, dual scoop hood, 383 callout and stripes, console, am/fm, power steering, power diskbrakes, Numbers matching engine, tranny, rad support trunk lip. Here is my issue, no fender tag-taken off by second owner and lost. Partial build sheet, just the top part, has VIN and few options, one being v78 stripe delete. Mine has the silver rear trunk panel with fish, and the 383 s emblems on the fenders. According to the second owner, (the original owner was in the same family) this car has always been this way. I have no way to prove its a cuda vs a formula s. Either way, love the car, still original condition, never taken apart. Sound like a twin to yours.

Oldmopardude and baracus, I have possibly located a triplet. The car is not in my garage yet, but should be soon. It is a 69 Barracuda, 383 Fastback, 4 speed, F8, green deluxe interior, dual scoop hood, 383 S call out on fender, 383 Cuda callout, stripe delete, console, power steering power 4 piston KH brakes, numbers matching drivetrain.
Its been a few years since I have been on here, because I have been cruising my 70 Dart, but looks like I may have a new adventure coming up. I will have a TON of questions about this car.

Pictures of the fender tag and or build sheet will only tell!

Never heard of a 383S car this way! Cuda' 383 was just so! likely modified!

-
Back