-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fish stink

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi there everyone. I have started my 69 Cuda restoration and i am having trouble finding a transmission crossmember for some reason. Do all "A" bodies from the mid 60's to 70's the same? Does a small block and big block cars crossmember differ?

Hi there everyone. I have started my 69 Cuda restoration and i am having trouble finding a transmission crossmember for some reason. Do all "A" bodies from the mid 60's to 70's the same? Does a small block and big block cars crossmember differ?

Hello from Smithers. They are all the same. I can take a look tomorrow in the shed, I might have one. If not there are a couple of guys in Terrace that may.

Hi there old kimmer. Yes i want it. i am also looking for some hood catch pieces and brackets. i can send you a phone picture from a old dealer parts book if i get your number. and my name is Henry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Henry, if oldkimmer cant help you I may have hood catch pieces.
I'm in Ontario with some leftover 67-9 cuda stuff.
Fyi should remove your phone number also. Share that in a pm, or mods may delete it.
Cheers
Steve

Hello from Smithers. They are all the same. I can take a look tomorrow in the shed, I might have one. If not there are a couple of guys in Terrace that may.
hi there canuckle head. i am still looking for that crossmember and the parts that lock the hood but not the hood parts. i need the bracket that attaches to the rad shroud and the second catch parts. i do have a dealer parts counter photo of what i need. if you look at the other posts my phone number is there but if you send me a text i will send the photo's.

Hi Henry, if oldkimmer cant help you I may have hood catch pieces.
I'm in Ontario with some leftover 67-9 cuda stuff.
Fyi should remove your phone number also. Share that in a pm, or mods may delete it.
Cheers
Steve
hi there 4 speed. thanks for the advice but my number appears in the threads and i have no worries if people have my number. remember when phone books existed? you are the third person in canada that claim to have maybe the parts i need. if you text my number that appears in other threads i will send you 2 pictures of what i need.

Dont post your # here. It will get deleted. Send a msg thru "start conversation".
Shiftwork/sleep pattern I dont share my cell # with many. I can get cranky lol.
hi there 4 speed. thanks for the advice but my number appears in the threads and i have no worries if people have my number. remember when phone books existed? you are the third person in canada that claim to have maybe the parts i need. if you text my number that appears in other threads i will send you 2 pictures of what i need.

hi there canuckle head. i am still looking for that crossmember and the parts that lock the hood but not the hood parts. i need the bracket that attaches to the rad shroud and the second catch parts. i do have a dealer parts counter photo of what i need. if you look at the other posts my phone number is there but if you send me a text i will send the photo's.

I did take a look, I didn’t see a spare crossmembers in the shed. I definitely do not have any Barracuda parts, just Dart and a few Duster bits. If @oldkimmer doesn't help you i can get in touch with a fellow in Terrace.

FYI.
The 69 cuda hood release that extends down toward the license plate is different than a 67 or 68.

FYI.
The 69 cuda hood release that extends down toward the license plate is different than a 67 or 68.
How interesting. but would it work even if it is different, you know like the front fenders are different also but many cuda's have wrong year front ends on them but only restoration freak would be bothered by it.

See photos attached.
Turquoise car is a 68. Notice the hood release is a short lever that extends through an opening between the grille insert and the upper valance. The bare grill is my 68 that is apart for engine compartment painting.

The red parts are a 69 valance assy. Notice the argent grille does NOT have an opening in it for a 68 style release lever but the semi-circular slot is present like the 67-68. The grille inserts are completely enclosed by the argent plastic. That's why the 69 long hood release extends down behind the bumper. You actually reach under the bumper to release the hood. On a 67-68 you reach above the grille insert to pop the hood.
If you have good 1969 grilles, DO NOT molest them as they are extremely difficult and expensive to replace. They are mostly plastic and usually found broken after 50 years. It is best to find the correct 69 parts. Run a separate wanted post. Try @barracudakid.

20201205_124602.jpg

20201205_124711.jpg

20201205_124832.jpg

20201205_125204.jpg

20201205_125410.jpg

20201205_125343.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back