1969 Barracuda

-

Brian Grisel

Grizracing
Reaction score
Any body know the best way to put bigger rubber on this car ? What works the best with no rubs ? Down the road I will upgrade to 4 wheel disc but for now just looking for a good look.

Thanxs

Easiest way would be to buy offset hangers and run up to 275's in the rear.

My tires never rub:rofl:, I'm sure that somebody, that's not crazy like me, will chime in??

DSC04280.JPG
DSC05462.JPG
DSC05461.JPG

Treblig

Looks like you're new here. Need more info.
If your car is close to stock then it probably has the small bolt pattern, 4", or SBP. Not impossible to overcome but you should think further down the road (nice pun right there)
Spending money now on SBP stuff and later deciding to upgrade the brakes and converting to Big Bolt Pattern (BBP) will mean doubling your cash outlay. There are more options if going BBP by far.
IMO, you should set some goals for what you want your car to be and build to that. Are you interested in better handling or more of a drag strip look?
Need more info. And there are LOTS of threads here on this subject. Its been beat to death.

agree, if you are going to spend a nickel on wheels do the BBP conversion.

Spend once. Take it from those of us who learned the hard way

Looks like you're new here. Need more info.
If your car is close to stock then it probably has the small bolt pattern, 4", or SBP. Not impossible to overcome but you should think further down the road (nice pun right there)
Spending money now on SBP stuff and later deciding to upgrade the brakes and converting to Big Bolt Pattern (BBP) will mean doubling your cash outlay. There are more options if going BBP by far.
IMO, you should set some goals for what you want your car to be and build to that. Are you interested in better handling or more of a drag strip look?
Need more info. And there are LOTS of threads here on this subject. Its been beat to death.

Thanks all, I raced dirt sprints and modified but this street thing is kind of new to me. It has the 5x4 bolt pattern with 14" rims. Just want to get more sporty . I seen Crager wheels with this bolt pattern. They tell me to use 15 x 6 , would like to go to a little wider. Also heard of 17" wheels on them, might not be my style, thanks for the replys

Just making this cuda a driver right now. I'll do more as I go. Anybody put headers on one of these ? It's a 318 car which is ok for now as I have a friend that can build it up later. Don't look like a lot of room on the driver's side . Any suggestions on what header fits best ?

I think it's Coys wheels that have larger diameter wheels in SBP? Places like Summit have bigger Rsllye eheels in SBP.

The largest wheel Chrysler put on the A bodies was 14 x 5.5. And those were optional as the standard was 14 x 4.5. I won't even talk about the 13 x 4.5.

Much better wheel selection IF converted to BBP.

-
Back