1969 'cuda 383 4-speed

-
It showed Tuesday night. I was hoping to get some good pictures before posting much but the cat is out of the bag. As far as road test, I drove it straight to my storage about thirty minutes away.
First impressions? How did it feel shifting that 4 spd listening to that 383 rumble looking out at two scoops on the hood?

On your rear speaker
Is the passenger side rear air and driver side is the speaker?
They are both speakers. BTW, I need to thank you again for your making those templates for my fender emblems!

054.jpeg

057.jpeg

058.jpeg

You have the patience of a Saint! I'd have lost my cool, a long time ago..... I actually just read your whole thread awesome ride man! I happen to dig the notch packs for but that's still one bad mother and she is gorgeous! I know you were going for totally original on the restore, but was the 383 brought up to 68 Magnum specs, or any other work done?

First impressions? How did it feel shifting that 4 spd listening to that 383 rumble looking out at two scoops on the hood?
I just wonder if they're Moly rings, and once he Seated them, if he went out there, and tried to blow the back tires off! I know I would have after 9 years!

You have the patience of a Saint! I'd have lost my cool, a long time ago..... I actually just read your whole thread awesome ride man! I happen to dig the notch packs for but that's still one bad mother and she is gorgeous! I know you were going for totally original on the restore, but was the 383 brought up to 68 Magnum specs, or any other work done?
To my knowledge the motor is stock, not sure about the rings. There is definitely a smokey burnout in this car's future once it is broken in and I put some meats on it.

On your rear speaker
Is the passenger side rear air and driver side is the speaker?
The passenger side rear air defroster grill would have to be up near the slot in the right rear sill opening. The grill attaches to the blower motor.

This car did not have a rear defroster. The speaker option is dealer installed. Not sure why there are two.

When I had mine apart, I thought there was only a hole in the panel on the passenger side, and you could either install a defroster or a rear speaker but not both?

After further investigation, the rear speakers were optional as dealer installed! I would assume there are not many out there.

View attachment 1716045159

View attachment 1716045160

I for one, really like this look. Very stock appearance and a great place to hide some really good speakers!

Here's where I mounted mine but I like your setup better. Looks more like the factory would have done it and would give me better trunk useage without having to worry about something sliding into the speakers and ruining them.

dscn5192-jpg.jpg

I for one, really like this look. Very stock appearance and a great place to hide some really good speakers!

Here's where I mounted mine but I like your setup better. Looks more like the factory would have done it and would give me better trunk useage without having to worry about something sliding into the speakers and ruining them.

View attachment 1716045701
Love that color gold !! Do you have a paint code for it, what vehicle?

Last edited:
Love that color gold !! Do you have a paint code for it, what vehicle?
Hi memike,

Its a Jeep color called Emberglo Pearl. Code is PMC . We played with the shading and the metallics a little though.

Sorry cudadad! Didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Hi memike,

Its a Jeep color called Emberglo Pearl. Code is PMC . We played with the shading and the metallics a little though.
You played with it well, love the cooper color trying to take over :thumbsup:

IMO- That is by far the best speaker install/location. Easy to get to and no intrusion of the trunk panel. It would be bad *** if it had the reverb option which is a '60s vibe..
Yup, needs reverb... LOL

My introduction to reverbs was in my buddies '67 327 4 spd Nova, junior year high school. AM radio WSAN out of Allentown, Pa. lol
I had a 64 Plymouth back in the 70's that had one... cool nostalgia piece.... I think Mike might have access to one & it's the perfect home for it...

-
Back