1969 Cuda Grill Assembly Help

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
hey guys I need a pic of a known good (nothing missing) and assembled grill from a couple of different angles. I have the clips that "hold" the grill into the shell and they look all wrong except for in one spot! also there are two threaded holes in which I would think a bracket or some grill insert holder.

pics of where im at.

Attachments

• DSCN2900.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN2901.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 196
Three of the small clips per side and one of the large brackets on the side towards the nose.

The small clips install in the slots with the two curved fingers towards the center mesh the middle portion has a locking tab that aligns with a hole in plastic housing. The bracket should be obvious, it goes where your two screw holes are as shown in your picture.

I would have taken Picture of my completed ones but they are boxed and packed away waiting for the body to be completed.

Here ya go Kid.......NOS never touched>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda grills 011.jpg@50%.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 177
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 010.jpg@50%.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 195
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 009.jpg@50%.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 181
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 008.jpg@50%.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 180
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 007.jpg@50%.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 173
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 006.jpg@50%.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 188
FYI, the front edges of the egg crates are NOT supposed to be black.

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda grills 003 @50%.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 158
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 004 @50%.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 163
  • '69 M-code 'cuda grills 005 @50%.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 158

Yes and they are fun, fun to clean and respray! Read somewhere there is about 400 squares to brush out after soaking them. I did not count but it sure took a while.

I ended up just spraying from both sides, then lightly sanded the fronts to replicate the way they came.

Dave

I am going to be painting my stock argent grills black to match my 'cuda 383 conversion. So you are saying the aluminum honeycomb inserts were not painted black, just the plastic surrounds?

Dave

Dave

I am going to be painting my stock argent grills black to match my 'cuda 383 conversion. So you are saying the aluminum honeycomb inserts were not painted black, just the plastic surrounds?

Dave

No, the alum egg crates are black. But the front edges of the alum are bare alum(no paint). If you look at the grills you see silver(alum) squares.

From what I know the egg crates were sprayed at the factory from the back side which leaves the front edges bare alum.

Yes and they are fun, fun to clean and respray! Read somewhere there is about 400 squares to brush out after soaking them. I did not count but it sure took a while.

I ended up just spraying from both sides, then lightly sanded the fronts to replicate the way they came.

Yeah, I had a set restored years ago and the guy painted the front edges, which I told him not to. I then just sanded the black off the edges like you did. Not quite as neat a job and a pain to do because the edges are not all perfectly flat to each other due to the way they hook/lock together.

Yeah, I had a set restored years ago and the guy painted the front edges, which I told him not to. I then just sanded the black off the edges like you did. Not quite as neat a job and a pain to do because the edges are not all perfectly flat to each other due to the way they hook/lock together.

Sorry we hijacked your thread 805.

A pain for sure but worth the patience an effort. I could not get good coverage by just spraying from the backside and so much overspray was getting on the front that I just gave in. Fine emery paper worked best for me as like you say the fins are so uneven.

I see to many of them just completely blacked out and think they look much better when done correctly.

Now if you could take those sweet NOS baby's you have and lock em in the back room with a little "Barry White" playing or something maybe they would act like bunnies and multiply and all the 69 Cuda' and "S" Owners would rejoice!!!

Now if you could take those sweet NOS baby's you have and lock em in the back room with a little "Barry White" playing or something maybe they would act like bunnies and multiply and all the 69 Cuda' and "S" Owners would rejoice!!!

Ill take the 1st set of offspring!

[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEco7GwHzlg[/ame]

Sorry we hijacked your thread 805.

A pain for sure but worth the patience an effort. I could not get good coverage by just spraying from the backside and so much overspray was getting on the front that I just gave in. Fine emery paper worked best for me as like you say the fins are so uneven.

I see to many of them just completely blacked out and think they look much better when done correctly.

hey no worries all part of the thread!

wow my neck hurts!

-
Back