1969 dart 360 conversion parts needed info

-

Gjason89

Reaction score
currently in the process of converting my 1969 dart original slant six 904 to a 360 727 have a rebuilt 360 and 727 was planning on putting a turbo but decided to go the more affordable build for my pocket at the moment need help on finding some cheap exhaust manifolds that will fit with my power steering and what starter a radiator is also needed not looking for some nice new and performance parts just some plain ol used if possible exults manifolds just to get the car running for now. dream build will have to just wait for the moment. thanks in advance for any help finding parts needed.
12779244_950261955028183_834284478879474829_o.jpg

I have some 69 318 exhaust manifolds you can have for shipping charges only (I am paying it forward).
Let me know if you want them.

Bigger radiator with lower hose on the passenger side, fan shroud Schumacher s6-360 mounts, kickdown linkage/lokar cable, shorten driveshaft/find correct length one, make sure you have the correct torque converter/flexplate.

Probably missed a few things but there should be a bunch of info on the search field.

I have some 69 318 exhaust manifolds you can have for shipping charges only (I am paying it forward).
Let me know if you want them.
yes if they fit my build id highly appreciate it have pics let me know were are you located it would be a good step forward for my build

Bigger radiator with lower hose on the passenger side, fan shroud Schumacher s6-360 mounts, kickdown linkage/lokar cable, shorten driveshaft/find correct length one, make sure you have the correct torque converter/flexplate.

Probably missed a few things but there should be a bunch of info on the search field.
have the slant six conversion brackets already installed on engine, the engine and transmission came together out of a late 80s i believe ram charger flex plate and torque converter came together really just need the radiator starter and exhaust manifold already have the wire harness conversion i got from year one another thing is I've been having trouble fining transmission linkage that fits with my column shift i believe drive shaft needs to be 3 inches shorter but will get to that after i can get these parts and have it fired up.

You can use the /6 starter. Champion alum radiators are cheap (eBay) & their quality has vastly improved. I would get a 3 row core with the lower nipple on the pass side to use the alum pump. (check flatness of it when it arrives). For performance I would source some '92/early 93 magnum ex manifolds (they have ~2&5/16" outlets & might run $130-150 but WELL worth the money.

I think you have one of the shafts for your rocker arms on backwards. Not trying to nit pick....just wanting to help. The notch goes towards the bottom like you have it, and to the front on one, and to the rear on the other. I can't remember if they go right front, left rear....or vice versa. If you don't get them on correctly, the rocker arms won't oil. If you can't find the info online, PM me in a few days and I will look in one of my factory service manuals for you. If you want a mini starter, go to the junkyard and get one from any early to late 90's vehicle with a V6 or V8 Magnum motor in it. They bolt right to your 727, and work great. If you don't already have one, you will also need the slip yoke for a 727. The one from your 904 is smaller, and won't slide into the 727. If the Ramcharger that the motor and transmission came from is still around, go get that driveshaft and have it shortened. Good luck.

rocker shaft....notch to YouR left and down....

Hi I know the post is fairly old but am trying to get conformation on to how the rocker shafts go for sure since the engine is close to getting fired up and I remember you guys mentioning I had one wrong and wondering if I can get help as to which needs to be corrected thanks guys!!

Notch on end of shaft to the front on drivers side, pointing towards crankshaft, notch to the rear on passenger side pointing to crankshaft.

Always to your left, regardless of where you are (same as Larry said, but easier to remember that way)

-
Back