1969 Dart Convertible rear seat panels new??

-

71autoxr

Reaction score
Any source for NEW rear seat convertible side panels for a 1969 Dart? I've tried Year one and Legendary, as well as a FABO search to no avail.

[SIZE=-1]AF-PRO1P-WHT [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Convertible Rear Side Panels, A-Body Convertible rear panels - Pair. - WHITE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] 67 -69 A-Body [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]$679.00[/SIZE]doesnt say if the chrome strip is included.

Thanks,
Those are not easy to find used and are cracked most of the time if you happen to a pair.

Thanks,
Those are not easy to find used and are cracked most of the time if you happen to a pair.
Yeah I am just finishing a resto and wanted to do a color other than black for the interior. Now that I know they are available in white, I can color match them to any color I choose. I did that with some Challenger panels years ago and it makes a world of difference.

They do come with the chrome strip, They are for a dart and not correct for a Barracuda. They are not an exact coppy but are close, edges are not as crisp as I would have liked. I made them work in my barracuda, but was not easy.

They do come with the chrome strip, They are for a dart and not correct for a Barracuda. They are not an exact coppy but are close, edges are not as crisp as I would have liked. I made them work in my barracuda, but was not easy.

What is different between the Dart and Barracuda panels? What did it take to make them work?

Painting them will be fun. From the top down to the chrome strip will need a bonding agent before using the same enamel that is used on the door tops. Then SEM dye from that strip down so it matches the door panels.

Dart panel is basically straight or level across the top. The Barracuda one has a slope, I believe...........or visa-versa.
Dallas

Yes, the Dart is level across the top, and the Barracuda slopes up to the quarter panel. I used heat and pressure to move the top to where it needs to be.

Dart panel is basically straight or level across the top. The Barracuda one has a slope, I believe...........or visa-versa.
Dallas

Yes, the Dart is level across the top, and the Barracuda slopes up to the quarter panel. I used heat and pressure to move the top to where it needs to be.

Thanks Guys!! I learned something new again tonight because I always thought they were the same. What I love about this place is the knowledge people have and they are willing to share it.

-
Back