1969 Dart GT 340 EFI E85 Turbo Build

-
Nice build I switched to SCE/ICS copper gaskets on my small block. If you still have problems I would o-ring the head and switch to copper gaskets.

MrMoparMan I was just wondering I see you running a air/water do you have a ice box or just using a pump to circulate the water through the air exchanger and intercoolers only?

Was wondering I see you running a air/water do you have a ice box or just using a pump to circulate the water through the air exchanger and intercoolers only?

Not running any cooler now I didn't like the way it looked on the front of the car. I decided to run meth injection and that's not on yet but soon just been working on the tune right now.

Sorry should have put Mrmoparman in the front of the question. But thank you for answering

MrMoparMan I was just wondering I see you running a air/water do you have a ice box or just using a pump to circulate the water through the air exchanger and intercoolers only?

It just circulates between the dedicated radiator and the intercooler.

I made it to the dyno today!

The new turbo and wastegate made 441 horsepower and 501 ft/lbs at 10psi. That is 100 ft/lbs than the last turbo with all the power coming in quicker and a lot more area under the curve.

eDUh2dAcbKV3U1HZer-hjfk77GXNSG6u8OSPmzhIU08x=w551-h309-p-no

Turns out my drive shaft was only rated to 500 ft/lbs.

Here is my dyno guy enjoying his handy work.
AZzvkgmolDlKvsaQ1uPHxU0xQtCZjXSBhfgK8YGd3P6R=w552-h311-p-no

And here is the video!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXhxunREiik"]Drive shaft breaks at 500 ft/lbs. - YouTube[/ame]

Pictures of the Driveshaft?

Call Curtis Tatton. He will hook you up with a new Driveshaft for $225.00 Spicer U Joints included with Delivery. He has guys running his driveshaft with 1200HP to the tires and has not yet broke one. I have bought 2 off of him for different projects. He does xlnt work.

Tatton's Driveline Service
Tattons Driveline Service & Auto Restoration Inc,
139 West 4500 South # 22
Murray, UT 84107 - View Map
Phone: (801) 685-0056

Thanks for the driveshaft recommendation, that is the way I am going to go. The under body has a few dings, but the exhaust took most of the hits.

D8B8GRNrHE3Pgbpw_DiGpn8fb3wL9Xb7_QHPCyls9ixZ=w396-h222-p-no

w4i02jfNqJ05f7jkwxVuEc96b70Ekz9WDHl4Xh3AtOKh=w396-h222-p-no

nice work, I'm wanting to do a turbo for my 72 duster and I like the way you did everything to fit under the hood. what brand headers are you using? mark

Sweet thread your car is sick! Wish I had more room in my engine compartment to do a turbo but it's a ***** to work on as it is.

nice work, I'm wanting to do a turbo for my 72 duster and I like the way you did everything to fit under the hood. what brand headers are you using? mark

Thanks smokin, I used hedman tight tubes. Since I changed the K-member, I could have used any basic block hugger like the Summit racing brand.

Sweet thread your car is sick! Wish I had more room in my engine compartment to do a turbo but it's a ***** to work on as it is.

What engine do you have? I love working on my car now, I find everything is easier to work on. I no longer fight with torsion bars and headers. I had the engine torn down to the short block in less than two hours when I replaced head gaskets. Everything comes apart quickly in big pieces.

What engine do you have? I love working on my car now, I find everything is easier to work on. I no longer fight with torsion bars and headers. I had the engine torn down to the short block in less than two hours when I replaced head gaskets. Everything comes apart quickly in big pieces.

I have 2 65 Dart GT's one convertible which has RMS front suspension and a 426 smallblock which I'm giving the full pro touring treatment. My hardtop has a 408 which would be sweet to turbo but being a 65 my engine compartment is crammed. If I ever go full race and hack up the fenderwells I'll throw twins on it.

Car looks as good as it sounds. Excellent build!

Thanks, means a lot coming from guys with cars as nice as yours. I have been driving the car every day it doesn't snow. Just did some night cruising and racing, I was able to pull away from everything from supercharged mustangs, built turbo hondas, subarus, and an M3. It has been fun showing the new generation some classic muscle, most kids don't know what a Dart is.

That dyno video is terrifying, glad it's was the drive shaft and exhaust that took the brunt. That thing sounds sweet on the dyno.

-
Back