1969 Dart GT 340 EFI E85 Turbo Build

-
great looking car and sweet build. No intercooler? Ditch the ugly carb hat, Spectre makes some affordable carb hats, high and low versions.

I agree that the carb hat could look better. I made it with aluminum I already had so it was definitely the cheap way to go. I was thinking about either putting a small version of this decal on it:

images

Or mabe a full size that would just be a decorative cover. I would have to change it to 340 Turbo though ;)

i just picked up a 69 dart 340 4 barrel, can you tell who makes that front end your using, otherwise im gonna order the alterkation kit

And so you made how many sets of these for everybody else?

You should get some copies made and sell them for $$$. NICE!

[URL="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-j6TuOMt5W9A/U4azwcisvFI/AAAAAAAAkJM/-oQjSJDln9k/w983-h553-no/IMG_20140508_115326529.jpg"][/URL]

It was impolite to not bring one for everybody. I appreciate the compliments, i'm just hoping it holds up to the abuse it will receive. So far I have a couple hundred miles on it and it sounds good and runs strong. I still need to dyno tune the car before I can really put my foot into it.

Subscribing love this build all most the same set up me and my brothers small block 70 Dart!

got any dyno or track numbers yet?

I have a dyno appointment this week, but first I have to redo my intake manifold. I developed an oil leak out of the back of the manifold, and then realized I was probably pressurizing the crankcase through the PCV. Now I have a check valve to help the PCV seal and vents in both valve covers.

Dropped the Dart off at the dyno shop today. They are keeping it while I am out of town for a couple weeks. Should get some updates soon.

im pretty excited to see the numbers. ive got two 5.7s in the bed of my truck right now, a set of srt8 jeep manifolds and im picking up my s400 turbo friday, i was concerned about the exhaust but looks like i will have room after reviewing this.

im pretty excited to see the numbers. ive got two 5.7s in the bed of my truck right now, a set of srt8 jeep manifolds and im picking up my s400 turbo friday, i was concerned about the exhaust but looks like i will have room after reviewing this.

The new hemi's take up a lot of room in the engine bay. Putting twins and a 6.1 in my 69 and its been a lot of work and time building custom headers.

Love the build I am also using the xfi 2.0, the more I read the more I find it can do. It even has a bump box in it for staging the car under boost. Keep us posted on the numbers I am very interested.

Quick update:

My tuner started to tune the car and it made 400 RWHP at 6 psi. He said the intake temps would limit us there so I am going to put an intercooler on it before we turn it up. I have been driving it this week and it is a blast. Turbo sounds great, and it pulls hard through the gears.

I'll be back with intercooler pics.

i will start a build thread this fall when i get some time to actually work on it. i have a few questions about the fast efi, i wanted to run it but talked my self into a blow thru carb, what are your thoughts on the matter. my original plan was to run the hemi 6 box and the xfi 2.0 through a tb. then i got scared

Fast has an engine transplant kit, comes with the 2.0. Xfi and xim box to control the coils ( you do not run the hemi 6 box), throttle body and it's a plug in and go set up. You may have to change crank sensor as dodge has 2 different ones. Drive ability is better with efi and you can store multiple tunes that can be changes at a touch of a button.
400hp at the wheels at 6lbs with no ic is great. Once the intake temps are down I have a feeling those numbers are going way up.

Picked up an air/water intercooler kit today! Luckily the intake I already made still fits, and there was just enough pipe left over to add to it. I just have to finish weld/polish and mount the radiator.

IMG_20140804_160116954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140804_215220424.jpg

i will start a build thread this fall when i get some time to actually work on it. i have a few questions about the fast efi, i wanted to run it but talked my self into a blow thru carb, what are your thoughts on the matter. my original plan was to run the hemi 6 box and the xfi 2.0 through a tb. then i got scared

I am a really big fan of the Fast after spending time with it. I think with a turbo hemi car, efi is the way to go. Like Black Dart said, the adjust-ability is key to drive-ability and performance. I also like features like the XFI edash, it displays a ton of info and you can select different tunes. I need gauges and will probably add the racepak dash since it will just plug into the can bus.

Where did you get your S400, and how much? I just saw a 5.7 in a 67 dart, it fit well but the heads are close to the inner fenders. I can't wait to see your project take shape.

Just tested the new intercooler, temps at 6psi went from the 210's to the 110's. Normal driving temps dropped from 130's to 90's. I'll be back at the dyno in a month to get the final tune done.

IMG_20140807_202749757.jpg

Where did u get the intercooler and rad from? Do you have sizes on rad and cooler?

I think I have put more miles on the Dart this summer than I have in all of the previous 12 years. This thing is so much fun I have been driving it everywhere. I started to eek the boost up a little, I am at 8 psi and it breaks the little 235's loose in the 1-2 shift. I guess this winter will be the mini tub project.

IMG_20140809_181343488.jpg

IMG_20140809_181356254.jpg

IMG_20140810_125138682.jpg

-
Back