1969 Dart GT 440 vs. 2010 Camaro SS/RS

-
I'm with abodyjoe on this one.

Watching a one trick pony do it's one trick isn't very interesting.
Are you mentally challenged? the ORIGINAL post was about a chevy guy with his new Camaro, wanting a street race with a old outdated dodge, and he lost.... HOW MANY TRICKS WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS STREETRACE?

Why are some of you guys looking for ways to say the Camaro is better. It's probably a $30,000 vehicle. As far as I'm concerned it ought to drive itself at the speed of light for that price. New cars are way over rated and under performers in my book.:burnout:

Are you a retard? the ORIGINAL post was about a chevy guy with his new Camaro, wanting a street race with a old outdated dodge, and he lost.... HOW MANY TRICKS WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS STREETRACE?

Sorry, a highly modified Dart beating a new Camaro, in a drag race, is not interesting.

I can go to our local track and see this happen 20 times in a night. Any turd that can get his Dart, Mustang, Chevelle or whatever into the 12s will more than likely beat a newer Camaro.

Why are some of you guys looking for ways to say the Camaro is better. It's probably a $30,000 vehicle. As far as I'm concerned it ought to drive itself at the speed of light for that price. New cars are way over rated and under performers in my book.:burnout:

Adjusted for inflation a stock 69 Dart would be about a $20,000 car today.

A new 2013 car in the $20,000 price range offers way more than a 69 Dart ever did.

That's progress. You are getting WAY more for the same money.

Then everybody sell your Chargers, Darts, Dusters, Roadrunners, Cudas and such and BUY A 1999 FORD TAURUS!!!!! They have more options, safety features and start better in zero degree weather!!! WOW! The Chevy man in the 1st, original post wasn't comparing money, options, or starting in zero degree weather. All that was on the line was his modified Camaro against our beloved MOPAR!! Nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING else mattered in this race! It is everyone else that brought in the money, options and whatever. dart440 only responded to other members bringing in these off topics.

Then everybody sell your Chargers, Darts, Dusters, Roadrunners, Cudas and such and BUY A 1999 FORD TAURUS!!!!! They have more options, safety features and start better in zero degree weather!!! WOW! The Chevy man in the 1st, original post wasn't comparing money, options, or starting in zero degree weather. All that was on the line was his modified Camaro against our beloved MOPAR!! Nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING else mattered in this race! It is everyone else that brought in the money, options and whatever. dart440 only responded to other members bringing in these off topics.
right on!

Are you a retard? the ORIGINAL post was about a chevy guy with his new Camaro, wanting a street race with a old outdated dodge, and he lost.... HOW MANY TRICKS WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS STREETRACE?

Think the personal attack was really necessary?

Oh brother. No one is gonna go out and replace their dart with a Taurus. Stop over exaggerating with silly talk like that.

What is happening though is a lot guys are getting out of their old muscle and buying modern muscle whether it be a camaro,mustang or a challenger. And that's a fact. The reason? Looks and the all around performance. There are still guys that are satisfied with a car that only goes fast in a straight line which if fine if that's what you are in to. But there are more and more people that want an all around car. Something that does everything good. That's what modern muscle is all about. And hell a few bolt ons and they still retain the drivibality and comfort and really run Their asses off. Hell they run damn good off the showroom floor a few bolt ons and they really run.

It's the same whether talking about the new camaro, mustang or new challenger.

My brother n law here has a new camaro that he would love to run you from a roll or dead stop. I have seen his camaro run 11:80's and he gets to drive it with a/c on and get 22mpg....

We ALL get that you have A/C and 22mpg. Boosted, you sound like another overconfident GM guy, and you think an aluminum head built 440 Dart can't best that 11.80??? Be careful what you line that Camaro up against, or YOU could be the example in the next post--- lol.

Okay, Please, PLEASE sit down before reading this: ARE YOU SEATED?? I have earth shattering news for some of you!!!!! Okay, I have newer cars (with A/C, cruise, airbags, 30mpg, 200 hp V6, etc, etc). And sometimes, sometimes, my family and I STILL choose to take my '65 ply to DQ, the park, the lake, etc. etc. WHY?? Because I (we) LIKE the nostalgic feel. I LIKE the horn ring instead of an airbag! My belvedere actually takes the bumps BETTER than the newer GP. By the way, whenever I follow a new chally, stang, or maro, they are usually cruising slower and holding up traffic. They are NOT utilizing that awesome corning advancement tech by screaming 95mph around every sharp corner. Once inside the newbies, hard to tell what your in. Could be a Nissan Maxima, Camry, they all have a 140 speedometer, air, cruise, bags, CD player, Large GPS screen, and a button that starts them. Wow, Sooo Much fun to drive, just about like the old ladies new high horsepower Cadillac. All options, gas mileage, and performance. Some like new, some like nostalgic, some like both....

thats from car and driver.... now if the dart beat a 13.1 camaro in a straight line like it should then it runs decent.

Test ranged from 12.87-13.1 depending on whose test you read. Considering these are 1/4 miles times from a "non-dedicated vehicle" The roll on's should have been faster or advantageus to the camaro.

what that 40 years got GM was a well rounded car that does a lot of things better.

all that while weighing what 1000 pounds more?. like i said they were built to do many thing good and that is what they do.

Agreed, but not 1,000 pounds more. Not even close.

Exactly why I stated that an aluminum head 440 dart should be expected to clean up a 2010 SS, even with exhaust and intake.

That dart should punch mid 11's ??? .

Expected by whom? The owner, general public? No.. Like I said you would of thought I beat him with a toyota prius.

The guy that raced the OP dart was not worried about his cruise or anti-lock brakes. He bought an SS and lined it up against a built 440 Dart. He thought he would win, his mistake, and I will laugh with the OP dart, he he he HA!:D

Ah ha, someone gets it.

Are you mentally challenged? the ORIGINAL post was about a chevy guy with his new Camaro, wanting a street race with a old outdated dodge, and he lost.... HOW MANY TRICKS WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS STREETRACE?

apparently you have not watched the fast and furious series, lol. I'm Terretto

Why are some of you guys looking for ways to say the Camaro is better. It's probably a $30,000 vehicle.

About 37,000 with mods.

Any turd that can get his Dart, Mustang, Chevelle or whatever into the 12s will more than likely beat a newer Camaro.

REally? Hmmm, I need to come to your drag strip.... Lot's of guys running 12's, lot's running slower.

It gets really old when every post out of some is negative.

And this thread was about a mopar crushing a chevy. That sounds pretty cool to me, not negative.

My brother n law here has a new camaro that he would love to run you from a roll or dead stop. I have seen his camaro run 11:80's and he gets to drive it with a/c on and get 22mpg....

So I guess my car is pretty f'ing fast then, huh? Or your bro in laws car is super charged or has boku work done to it? I'm expecting mid 11's out of my car at the strip. Time will tell.

RoccoDart440, did he have his A/C on while racing you? Maybe he was listening to the GPS telling him to turn left while racing? I know, he was adjusting his 6-way power seat. I bet you spent $1.57 more on gas in that race. Gee, see how big of a looser you really were, and you didn't even know it up there by multiple car lengths... lol

Laughter is a wonderful thing

All I saw was headlights in my backup camera, which of course is my rear view mirror, lol.

By the way, whenever I follow a new chally, stang, or maro, they are usually cruising slower and holding up traffic. They are NOT utilizing that awesome corning advancement tech by screaming 95mph around every sharp corner.

so now you are gonna fault them for being responsible drivers and not putting the innocent public in danger by driving like an idiot?

i've seen many of classic muscle cars cruisin the slow lane also on roads straight as an arrow. so what that mean? just because they aren't cruising over 100 mph on the straights theres something wrong? come on man.. those arguments are getting pretty lame now..lol

Ha! AbodyJoe, you've got to be a truck driver. You can argue and argue with them and then you realize they love it.....
Just pointing out, means you were stuck on that cornering advancement so much, that it's really not that big of deal. So were all going down the road at 55, what's the HUGE deal of that "cornering" engineering? Like having NOS and never for the life of the car using it. I guess its to "know that it's there". But each of us drive what we drive for different reasons. Not sure how a thread starts off being a race between two cars turns into "which starts better in the winter". lol

P.S. AbodyJoe, that lady on your file has been wait'n a while now for her clothes. Please bring her some....

It will help you not focus so much on curves and corners...

Just pointing out, means you were stuck on that cornering advancement so much, that it's really not that big of deal. So were all going down the road at 55

no different than a straight line car that doesn't see over the speed limit on the street. you know its there. but a car that corners well will get used more on a daily commute maybe without even knowing it then a straight line car that doesn't go over the speed limit..

i think that chick needs to mover arms out of the way so we can see the goods.. :)

I will show you whats under her arms. READY????? Go to your garage and get the silicone you used on your oil pan, because that's what is under her arms... Kinda looks like two woodticks on a dog that should've been removed long before.... lol. Anyways, some Dad, Mom, or Grandma can't show his 9 year old son, grandson the Mopar forum because...never mind

We ALL get that you have A/C and 22mpg. Boosted, you sound like another overconfident GM guy, and you think an aluminum head built 440 Dart can't best that 11.80??? Be careful what you line that Camaro up against, or YOU could be the example in the next post--- lol.

Come on down and get you some..We can always turn the boost up if we need to..

Okay, Boosted. Something needs to pump air in that GM, it obviously can't breathe it on it's own! How about a 4cyl mopar??? Eagle Talon (its a mopar) all wheel drive that runs low 9's in street form?? 145 mph??? You got your guy, my guy is from Peoria, IL. Races at our dragstrip. You want boost, you got it! His waste gate blead off is a 3 inch pipe. Ya know what happened the last time the North took on the South.... Ha

LOL. Just amazing what all has stemmed from a thread about a simple heads up race. And how much love and support for the Camaro (original post never stated they were junk) and slam on the Dart. Can't believe on an A-body forum how quickly roccodart440 received grief for beating that Camaro. Roccodart440, next time just let the GM win (please don't)! Man, it will keep a lot of people happy on this forum (who cares). Anways, I've had my fun, Good luck ROCCODART440. Chearing you into the 10's..... so long

-
Back