1969 Dart GTS 383 to far gone?

-

mad-car-disease

Reaction score
So what do you think? I am looking to sell my 69 Dart GTS 383 project. Is it just too rough for most people to take on?? I am starting to think I should just part it? The car does need front frames, both quarters, full truck floor, main floor, inner fenders, along with your full restoration. Good news is I have a mint, rust free set of 69 dart frames, main floors and trunk floors. more good news, All the GTS 383 hard to find parts are their!!!. It's an Auto car with Power steering (rare). B5 blue with black guts. Buckets, console, 383 (not numbers but correct A-body 383 warrenty block), exhaust, rad, very nice hood, ext..... what is this car worth today as it sits? Clear title, no build sheet and fender tag is MIA but still looking. It is a true 69 H-code car.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 504
  • 003 (2).jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 509
  • 033.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 487
  • 006.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 499
Look through this site. People have restored much worse than this. That would be one sweet ride restored. Can't speculate on what it's worth as is, prices in Canada are usually higher than the US.

I'm guessing with it being an H code, auto, I'd say around 5K. If you could find the fender tag it would be work a bit more.

It aint too far gone, but no offense, it could be beyond your skills and or wallet. DO NOT PART IT OUT!! Sell it as a whole, someone will buy it!

i would think it would bring a good buck to someone. if its a real big block car it should be worth quite a bit.

I remember looking at this car at PIR swap meet, near Johns booth. If I recall correctly the frame rail rot is what turned me away, it was beyond my means to repair properly. I would also hate to see it parted.

I'd sell it as a whole. I've seen much worse & in the right hands this could be restored back to its glory. Way to rare to part out.

First off,no one that chimed in offered any money so it won't be one of these guys.please don't take this wrong guys but its easy to say that someone will buy it just depends on if you want to give it away or not?

It's been for sale for awhile. Maybe it is time to part it. If I had the skills to do the work I would buy it.

First off,no one that chimed in offered any money so it won't be one of these guys.please don't take this wrong guys but its easy to say that someone will buy it just depends on if you want to give it away or not?

no offense but he asked for opinions on what its worth or if its too far gone , and thats exactly what he got. it doesnt look to far gone to me, i have seen much worse brought from the dead , but i cant see the scope of it from here. i dont need another project. as others have stated , the lack of a FT and BS doesnt help matters

Well the fact that it is a 69 the body can be identified as correct by matching the last 6 of the vin to the radiator core support. Which IMO helps to the fact that it is a real GTS H code. Remember not to many years ago people paid little mind to a BB GTS car because the more disirable B & E bodies with the 6 packs, Hemi's etc were more available. Now days all the A's but even more so the rare A-bodies are getting more and more atention, hell even C,F,J wagons, etc are becoming more and more collectable. What you have is a complete rare BB Dart. It's just economic times that suck. That is a very labor/money intensive project that takes the right person with the funds to pull the restoration off. So yes it is worth keeping together and looking for the right buyer. If you personal financial situation will alow it.

well he will never be able to tell if anyone will or won't buy it until he lists it for sale with a price.. i don't see this as a for sale ad with a price.

its a hard sell with no f tag or b sheet

give this man a cigar!
Fender tag, no broadcast sheet? ok, no problem. Broadcast sheet no fender tag? little problem, but fixable. neither? big problem for me.. let's face it. You will drop a ton of money into the car to make it right for you. If the time comes to sell it one day it will be difficult because of that missing documentation. Lets face if boys, those two pieces of documentation is paramount in the Mopar world. Don't think for a minute it is a fake and sure hope that this car will find the guy that will save this car. In the early 90's did a light resto on b5 blue 383 4 speed car white interior and black top with white stripe. Wonder where that car is? Anyway, it was a Wolf in Wolf's clothing. It took very little pressure on the pedal to make a factory stock car try to swap ends.....

Thanks for all the input guys. I am pretty sure I have had it for sale on this site before. As well as moparts, eBay, and craigslist. Can't forget the Portland swap meet too ;). I would like to get in the $4500 range. It comes with extra parts and a parts car that has mint floors and frames. It's not beyond my means , just beyond my free time at the moment. I am going to start running it again so we will see if anyone is interested this time.

Thanks for all the input guys. I am pretty sure I have had it for sale on this site before. As well as moparts, eBay, and craigslist. Can't forget the Portland swap meet too ;). I would like to get in the $4500 range. It comes with extra parts and a parts car that has mint floors and frames. It's not beyond my means , just beyond my free time at the moment. I am going to start running it again so we will see if anyone is interested this time.

run the ads again and if it doesn't sell part it out.. hate to see it happen but i'm not buying it..lol probably get more in parts anyway.

well he will never be able to tell if anyone will or won't buy it until he lists it for sale with a price.. i don't see this as a for sale ad with a price.

I know and I reread my post and it did come off kinda wrong,sorry
I just remember this big block for sale a while back and I am surprised that he still has it.

How bad is the frame? Usually when the frame rails are shot most of the rest of the body is eaten up too.

I doubt it's any worse than my swinger and it ain't stoping me lol. Out on the west coast there are tons of rust free parts for those cars. If I were you I'd fix that sucker! You will never find another one like it.

its not too far gone , the problem is that too many people are buying them to turn , if you buy a car & go through it to turn the resale price exceeds the actual value . You had it priced well @ $4500 . It would be a shame to part out & its risky being stuck with the scraps.....

How bad is the frame? Usually when the frame rails are shot most of the rest of the body is eaten up too.

Just the fronts are bad. I think the rears looks pretty solid. car was parked in tall grass for years and killed the torsion bare crossmember and front frames. Floors are not to bad but since I want to do frames I would change them to. my parts car has all of the needed metal minus quarters.

its not too far gone , the problem is that too many people are buying them to turn , if you buy a car & go through it to turn the resale price exceeds the actual value . You had it priced well @ $4500 . It would be a shame to part out & its risky being stuck with the scraps.....

I agree. I think most people I have talked to are looking to make a quick buck. I am loosing money at $4500.

-
Back