-

1969dodgedart

Big Block 440
Reaction score
20210523_160054.jpg
20210523_160032.jpg
20210523_160110.jpg
20210523_160015.jpg
The person that owned this car before me had it apart and butchered when I bought it fyi .Just throwing this out there looking for some information and possibly pictures/ diagrams. I'll start out by saying I have some wiring diagrams printed off for reference but they aren't great. There's three different issues I'm looking for Intel on , first the female T connector with two orange on one tab and red/ white on the other tab is for the radio I believe so which connector on that T should you plug into for the 12v ignition/ acc wire for new deck ? ( red/white) . Second, the ignition illumination light has two wires hanging off it and I can't figure out where they connect ? ( looks as though one has been broken off and the other has an after thought crimped eyelet on it , thought it should connect into door switch circuit for one of the wires) . Third , the glove box light has a connector hanging off the lead with no sign of where it connects ? . Tried going thru the different diagrams to track it down with no luck.

Last edited:
To start, do you have a factory service manual? You can download them free from MyMopar

The radio connector "a clue" .......all orange wiring is dash dimmer controlled instrument panel lighting, controlled by turning the headlight switch knob

So far as the glove box, you say the harness way butchered.......if there is nothing hanging loose over on that side, someone may have hacked it off

To start, do you have a factory service manual? You can download them free from MyMopar

The radio connector "a clue" .......all orange wiring is dash dimmer controlled instrument panel lighting, controlled by turning the headlight switch knob

So far as the glove box, you say the harness way butchered.......if there is nothing hanging loose over on that side, someone may have hacked it off
Yes I do , a disk I bought . Printed off from there.

Last edited:
The mymopar.com downloads are PDFs and print and zoom in very well,

Classiccarwiring.com sells color coded wiring diagrams, worth the money, easier to trace with colored lines than the black and white ones.

If your glove box has the optional light, the single wire light fixture plugs into a pink wire in the loom.

If your glove box has the optional light, the single wire light fixture plugs into a pink wire in the loom.
Ok , thx. I wondered if the key switch light and glove box light didn't come std on this car . Thats why I cant find where to connect them. I will look for that wire though, thx.

-
Back