1969 DART

-

A/MP

Reaction score
What's the body difference between the Swinger and say the 270 (2 dr of course)?

Just the trim, maybe studs to mount some of it. If that's what you mean.

Swingers have no trim and 270's have long side trim and trunk trim. Different lettering on the hood too. Interiors have different patterns and door panels. Everything else is essentially the same.

I'm looking to build a '69 Dart 440 to run C/SA. Sometimes the tech guys can be picky about the exterior. The interior has plenty of wiggle room.

did the GTS,Custom and 270 have the grill with dark accents
...and the swinger grill was all bright?

Just take all the trim off to run in C/stock. Ran a swinger in super/I with a 383 4spd.

P4130010.JPG

P4130011.JPG

I wonder how good a 440 Dart would be for C/SA. In a class run-off, or in eliminations, dial-ins go out the window. It's heads up. You could end up next to a '69 440 Six Pack car, which would have two more barrels than you, and a fresh-air hood. Not being a dick, just bringing up a point.

That B body carries about 300+ extra pounds plus the longer wheelbase is a bit harder to transfer weight to that 9' slick. Taken to the Nth*, the 6 pack will make more power. It's probably a wash though.

-
Back