1969 dart

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
There's a guy who lives not far from me that has a 1969 dart for sale. It has a 273, at, ps, pdb, ac. It's on FB columbia mo, it's white. He's asking $19,500 for it. If anyone on here gets a chance to look it up and check out the photos,please give me a opinion about it and what you would offer him.

The market is up right now, and A-bodies have risen along with every other car. Me, I'm looking for something, but I'm waiting to see what this spring/summer brings. Usually spring means price are up, but I think these cars have been over priced and will be hanging around all summer. High 20's for average a-body a bit much of me. The car mentioned being a 273, auto for 20k a little high, IMHO ( I'm thinking $16,500/17,000).. it looks clean, but it's white so be carefull. I think the 1967 Dart GT 4 speed is priced right. Some muscle, 4 speed, better interior. Guess it depends on what your taste are.

I'm always checking as I have "flipped" a few over the years. I don't really call them flipped as I usually keep them for at least a season to enjoy them, (I'm not a jerk just looking to score). Prices for all muscle is way to high for me to get involved at this time. Good luck.

you were made aware of that car a while back. i forget what you said but i can't remember exactly what you said. get off the pot and go buy the damn car. many people looked at that pic before, iirc. sometimes went we visit and leave, we only come back later for a longer stay. buy the damn car.

There's a guy who lives not far from me that has a 1969 dart for sale.

End of story. Get in your daily and go for a road trip. Somebody else viewing the car will not make your decision. You ARE going to look at the car you buy, if you ever find one that suits you.

for those that want to help dan the man try to make up his mind, the car is located at champion classics llc in foristell mo. it is on fb with a bunch of pics and you can also go to their web site to see it. if my wagon was sold, i would be all over it for myself. hurry up dan, that is bout an hr or so from you.

for those that want to help dan the man try to make up his mind, the car is located at champion classics llc in foristell mo. it is on fb with a bunch of pics and you can also go to their web site to see it. if my wagon was sold, i would be all over it for myself. hurry up dan, that is bout an hr or so from you.

you mean those of you that want to waste there time and play foolish games. no thanks this has been going on for way to long

Don't get me wrong here, I like the dart. But at 19k the wife isn't going to like the idea of the interior being different colors and the headliner being loose. If I could get it for a couple of grand less I'm sure that it would be easier for the wife. I always say, happy wife happy life.

remember he's already been to the credit union and borrowed the money . i know because he said so

Well I will tell you this. When I sell something, let alone a vehicle, anybody who offers without seeing my product basically gets brushed off. I consider them sniffers who are just trying to see what they can get something for. If somebody comes to my place and actually sees the product, I then consider their offer based on what they see. I still may not budge as I usually price things at the correct value. So, I don't think your offer is necessarily fully declined. I just think you are looking like a sniffer in his eyes. Hence why I said if you don't go see it, you can't make an offer.

2cents.

Well I will tell you this. When I sell something, let alone a vehicle, anybody who offers without seeing my product basically gets brushed off. I consider them sniffers who are just trying to see what they can get something for. If somebody comes to my place and actually sees the product, I then consider their offer based on what they see. I still may not budge as I usually price things at the correct value. So, I don't think your offer is necessarily fully declined. I just think you are looking like a sniffer in his eyes. Hence why I said if you don't go see it, you can't make an offer.

2cents.
I plan on checking it out after the holiday

here's two comps dan
1967 Dodge Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
1969 Dodge Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

at face value that 67 in Vegas is head and shoulders above the one closer to you for the same price.

the 69 is cheaper, but rougher. given it's been up a month or probably more and its condition the seller would probably be willing to negotiate a little.

I think that 67 is about rate and the 69 is a little overpriced. that 69 by you I think is overpriced given what I can see in the pictures.

a consideration you also need to understand is that car is being offered by a dealer so expectation is that the price is already inflated AND that there will be less wiggle room on price. however, cold calling and offering less money is a cheese-dick move so a brush off is almost an expectation.

no matter what a car WILL have to be seen in person and whether that is YOU or a consigliere that you deign in your stead, know going into this that has to happen.

As soon as anyone says "I have to ask my wife"...
I instantly know they're full of it ... Or they're trying to politely back out...

As soon as anyone says "I have to ask my wife"...
I instantly know they're full of it ... Or they're trying to politely back out...
I never said that I had to ask my wife. Don't put words in my mouth,
She doesn't care if I get a car as long as it's what I want and like. I can't justify putting out almost 20k on a car and have to spend a couple of grand on the interior right off. I don't have a disposable income to be able to throw money around.

-
Back