1969 dart

-
I never said that I had to ask my wife. Don't put words in my mouth,
She doesn't care if I get a car as long as it's what I want and like. I can't justify putting out almost 20k on a car and have to spend a couple of grand on the interior right off. I don't have a disposable income to be able to throw money around.

Then you can’t afford a classic car.

Seriously, at the $20k mark you are not going to get a perfect car.

Hell, there are cars at the $30k mark that still might need a couple grand worth of work depending on your wants and use for the car
I'm guessing Joey doesn't have to worry about that band width spike anytime soon.

:rofl:

Spot on sir. I almost spit out my beer.
You buy things behind your wife's back?

Reasonable people have real discussions Dan. If you really have the money, then your wife shouldn’t care which car you buy.

The fact of the matter is that you’re just a perpetual tire kicker, you’re gonna nit pick everything to death and at no point are you actually gonna buy a classic Mopar. None of them are perfect, and it’s an expensive hobby.

You’re just using the “but my wife” excuse like every other guy out there that uses that excuse. Because they would all rather blame their wife than admit they just didn’t want the car. Be a grown up and admit it.

Chickenshits say stuff like “my wife made me sell it” or “my wife won’t let me buy it”. Real adults admit that they don’t have the money or it’s not what they actually want, they don’t blame it on their wives.

Then you can’t afford a classic car.

Seriously, at the $20k mark you are not going to get a perfect car.

Hell, there are cars at the $30k mark that still might need a couple grand worth of work depending on your wants and use for the car

Spot on sir. I almost spit out my beer.

Reasonable people have real discussions Dan. If you really have the money, then your wife shouldn’t care which car you buy.

The fact of the matter is that you’re just a perpetual tire kicker, you’re gonna not pick everything to death and at no point are you actually gonna buy a classic Mopar. None of them are perfect, and it’s an expensive hobby.

You’re just using the “but my wife” excuse like every other guy out there that uses that excuse. Because they would all rather blame their wife than admit they just didn’t want the car. Be a grown up and admit it.

Chickenshits say stuff like “my wife made me sell it” or “my wife won’t let me buy it”. Real adults admit that they don’t have the money or it’s not what they actually want, they don’t blame it on their wives.
The money is not a problem. How many on here can say that they paid off their new home in 4 years? Probably none. A 30k car may need a few small items. I'll get me a car before springtime. Maybe I'm being a little to picky and I probably need to work on that I'll admit. But either way I don't want a pos

I never said that I had to ask my wife. Don't put words in my mouth,
She doesn't care if I get a car as long as it's what I want and like. I can't justify putting out almost 20k on a car and have to spend a couple of grand on the interior right off. I don't have a disposable income to be able to throw money around.
Your the one who bought up your wife not me...
Are you putting words in my mouth because I don't remember saying that you have a "disposable income"...

The money is not a problem. How many on here can say that they paid off their new home in 4 years? Probably none. A 30k car may need a few small items. I'll get me a car before springtime. Maybe I'm being a little to picky and I probably need to work on that I'll admit. But either way I don't want a pos
A home in missouri!? What is that cost like $8,000.... LOL.. :poke:

Last edited:
They're all pos's .. thats why there's a whole forum dedicated to helping people fix um....
If you don't have a vast knowledge of how to work on, the money to work on, and the physical ability to work on one of these abodies your in for a rude awakening... The first time something goes wrong "AND IT WILL!".. Your going to be at the mercy of whatever someone is going to charge you "IF" you if you don't have said knowledge, money, and ability,...

Your the one who bought up your wife not me...
Are you putting words in my mouth because I don't remember saying that you have a "disposable income"...
You know, we're coming up on a new year and I've decided that I'm going to work on being easier to get along with and not repeating questions. I'm willing to let the whole issue go. I'd rather get along with everyone than bicker over things that don't mean a hill of beans

A home in missouri!? What is that cost like $8,000.... LOL.. :poke:

laugh.gif

You know, we're coming up on a new year and I've decided that I'm going to work on being easier to get along with and not repeating questions. I'm willing to let the whole issue go. I'd rather get along with everyone than bicker over things that don't mean a hill of beans
I've seen you all over this forum talking the talk it's just time to walk the walk and stop bullshiting everybody. Find a car get it pay for it buy it take pictures of it post it and we'll all be on board until then I've heard enough..
Have a nice day with sugar on top.,

You're like an excited kid wanting to buy your first pack of condoms Dan, but the gals Mother works the cash at the only drug store in town...

I just told my wife your story and she said who the hell is this goldilocks!...lol..
Dan the man your new nickname is Goldilocks from here forward... I like the dub the Goldilocks of for a body's only!...
This porridge just too hot, this porridge is too cold, and this porridge is j-u-s-t right...

dan, I'm gonna give you a little piece of advice: you gotta **** or get off the pot.

you keep flapping your gums about this or that or the other thing.

here's the FACT: nothing, and I mean nothing is going to fall into your lap. you need to grind it out for the car you want. rabidly searching c'list, ebay, facebook, f/s sections of different forums, posting wanted ads, attending shows and making connections, networking and that's the *easy* part.

then you're going to have to go SEE the car and put your hands on it, roll around on the ground, hell you may even pay to have an independent mechanic evaluate it, get it up on a lift and have a look at it yourself.

accept that you are going to have to do work and spend money before you even spend the *real* money.

accept that no car is going to be perfect. adjust your desire or price range accordingly for the amount of work that you can do, are willing to do or have to pay somebody to do.

finally, you HAVE to start somewhere. you HAVE to take those first steps. decide what you want, what you are willing to live with, how much work you are capable of and what you are willing to spend and then get *locked in* and start grinding or your search.

anything else is a cop out.

You buy things behind your wife's back?
I buy things I want, she buys things she wants, no questions asked, so no questions answered.
The wife wanted a new Durango, so she traded the old one in when her and a friend where doing the weekly grocery run. lol
I tend to be the same way when it comes to vehicles and toys.

My Wife always jokes that she'd better not be out shopping for more than 2 hours, or she'll come home to some new mode of transportation in the yard! And it's a joke, she could care less as long as there's food on the table and the bills are paid. That's been the only "rule" for 40+ years.

A buck 90 in Missouri.. hat's off Goldilocks you must live in a castle... The only problem with that is is you're in Missouri...lol... :poke:

If I even talk about a new toy my wife rolls her eyes and says oh my goodness LOL...
She has no delusions about what's going to happen next....
She gets whatever she wants whenever she wants...
This makes it easier for both of us....

2023 is here. I hope that it's better than 2022 was. My goal is to get a car before springtime so I can have it ready to enjoy, looking forward to car shows and cruises

Don't get me wrong here, I like the dart. But at 19k the wife isn't going to like the idea of the interior being different colors and the headliner being loose. If I could get it for a couple of grand less I'm sure that it would be easier for the wife. I always say, happy wife happy life.

Wait, wait, wait.

This is really the car? https://www.championclassicsllc.com/details/used-1969-dodge-dart/89666493

The headliner is loose? This headliner?

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 10.29.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 10.29.20 PM.png

The ripple in the headliner at the sail panel is what you're worried about? Or the slightly faded charcoal insert in the non-stock seat cover that otherwise appears in good condition?
Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 10.29.43 PM.png

Good grief man. If those are your hang ups on this car, just stop. I'm serious. After looking at all the pictures on the Champion Classics website, if those are the things you're really worried about, there is literally no hope for you. None. I'm not saying there aren't things to consider with this car, or things I would want to take a closer look at if I was considering it, but those ain't them.

And if this car is less than an hour from you, in your price range and a body style you'd consider and you didn't immediately get in your car to see it in person, again, just stop.

Wait, wait, wait.

This is really the car? https://www.championclassicsllc.com/details/used-1969-dodge-dart/89666493

The headliner is loose? This headliner?

View attachment 1716029208

View attachment 1716029209

The ripple in the headliner at the sail panel is what you're worried about? Or the slightly faded charcoal insert in the non-stock seat cover that otherwise appears in good condition?
View attachment 1716029214

Good grief man. If those are your hang ups on this car, just stop. I'm serious. After looking at all the pictures on the Champion Classics website, if those are the things you're really worried about, there is literally no hope for you. None. I'm not saying there aren't things to consider with this car, or things I would want to take a closer look at if I was considering it, but those ain't them.

And if this car is less than an hour from you, in your price range and a body style you'd consider and you didn't immediately get in your car to see it in person, again, just stop.
I don't know what is involved in fixing the headliner, I don't know if it's a major job or not. Okay, I'll let the cat out of the bag I was going to use the headliner and the wrong seat covers as a bargaining tool, guess that I had a bad idea

-
Back