1969, Hecho en Mexico, Dart Custom

-

mando440dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just reaching out to share my 1969, Hecho en Mexico, Dart Custom with a Slant Six and three on the tree was grafted a transverse torsion bar K-member at one point in it’s life.It spent its life in Mexico as a Taxi and somehow made it across the border. From the worn out door hinges to the welded on flat sheetmetal to replace the original rotted out floor pan, I can tell it had a rough life. The one stage paint job color matched to the original, sprayed in Mexico, is good for a driver. The interior was redone there too and looks decent. So far I replaced the cracked windshield, made the tired Slant Six sludge motor purr and fixed other little things to it. I am planning on putting in a 440 and a 4 speed.
23 years ago I bought a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500, which I regret selling 13 years ago right before I got married.

IMG_0531.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

Too kool...mexi had some Kool demons(aka super bee)also...I really want a Mexican 318(270hp)

It's good to see a fellow Mopar freak in the Porter/ New Caney/ Cleveland area.

Welcome to FABO, I love the car!
Also, I love the plans for drivetrain that you have for it.
Maybe start a build thread so we can all see the progress...

Mopars built in Mexico had no VIN numbers. They only came with serial numbers. Glass was made in Mexico as shown. A later model steering column was probably installed for anti-theft purposes. Will install an original style column in the future. I installed an Edelbrock 4 barrel recently just for fun. It will slowly take shape into a 440, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear street bruiser. Here are some more pictures……..

IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg

Another pic. Has a unique grill. Has anybody seen a grill like this before? I would believe it is a “Mexico“ only thing?

IMG_0540.jpeg

Wow the dog miles that Dart must have…. Yet it’s still roaming the streets!

-
Back