1969 Plymouth Valiant interior black paint code

-

nitronut

Reaction score
I want to freshen up the dash, glove box door and interior door panels (which are metal) on my '69 Valiant. They are in good shape but need a fresh coat of black paint. does anyone know the mopar paint code(s) for black interior paint on a '69 Plymouth?

Whats on the door steel is gloss black but not a high gloss. I used a high gloss black appliance epoxy on mine and regret it. Every finger print or water spot shows. I'll go back and redo that eventually.
The dash and glove box door got a suede finish from the factory. SEMS landau black looks very close. Just dry spray the final coat. Hope this helps

I painted my dash with sim satin black. the color is between a flat and semi gloss. it looks good.

I dont know the codes, but if you search 1969 plymouth paint codes on the net you will find the origional PPG exterior and interior paint colors and codes for all the different interior pieces on your car. you will be able to have the correct color and texture mixed.

Rustolium makes a "Textured Black" which looks real close to the factory look for dash and steering column. It takes practice to get an even finish over an area the length of the dash. It was suggested to me by a guy who used it on his 71 Charger RT and 71 six pack Challenger. It looked perfect on his cars, so I used it on my 67 Coronets. Actually found the paint at Wal-Mart, though Home Depot likely carries it as well.

-
Back