-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71ChargerSE

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I'm sharing this for a friend of mine, pics and more info available in the ad.

http://up.craigslist.org/cto/5441330467.html

"1969 Plymouth Valiant Signet coupe, 170-cube Slant Six, A904 automatic. 7.25" rear axle. It has manual brakes, power steering, AM thumbwheel radio (factory manual telescoping antenna!), and variable-speed wipers. White with blue interior, black vinyl top. Very original car with one repaint and some minor bodywork showing behind the rear wheels. Rust is just starting in typical exterior problem areas. Floors are solid, main trunk pan is solid including spare tire well (which is almost always rotten) except a tiny spot near the LH rear inner wheelhouse; that, the wheelhouse and trunk extension need small patches where they come together (see pictures, no repro metal required). There's rust damage in the left front frame rail, but an excellent aftermarket repair piece is available for $150 and it's easy to install for anyone with a welder. There's one oddball rust spot in the RH front inner fender but everything around it is solid and again, it's an easy fix. It's so small it can't even be seen in the engine picture. Overall this car is much more solid than the typical Mopar muscle-era car, especially in this area. All exterior trim is present and in good to excellent shape, with the exception of the passenger's side marker reflector. I may have it, but no promises. The driver's door opens from the outside if it likes you. It does not like me, I guess, but it has shown affection for others. Maybe it's because my description is overly harsh?
The wheels on the car are very hard-to-find Mopar-only 4" bolt pattern, they are NOT unilug. They're 14x7 all the way around, front tires are P205/70R-14 and rears are P225/70R-14. I also have the original 13" steel wheels and factory wheelcovers that go with the car. If you don't want the aluminum wheels, I'll adjust the price downward and sell them myself, but be warned: you won't have an easy time finding aftermarket wheels that fit. Chrysler last used the 4" bolt pattern in 1976.
Other than some minor dash pad and steering wheel cracks, and the driver's seat bottom, the interior is in very good condition including an uncut dash with flawless Signet-only trim. The carpet is worn but a new full carpet set is included. There is a mouse hole in the headliner, hidden by the passenger side visor. Very good dash caps are available for about $50 or a full replacement dash pad can be bought for around $200. The fuel gauge does not work. The previous owner told me it was the sender, but honestly--I don't see a needle in there. It might just be below the gauge bezel... ?
The engine runs but needs a valve adjustment. It will go onto a trailer. The car should not be street-driven until the frame is repaired anyhow. There's a brand-new set of 10" front drum brakes on spindles, with new hoses and lower ball joints in the trunk that go with the car. The current brakes work well but are 9" diameter at all four corners.
This is the lightest, strongest Mopar platform built after 1966. These cars make excellent sleepers, drag cars, or even road racers (Google "Ehrenberg Green Brick" without the quotes). Yes, a 440 will fit in there, but a good core 360-2V engine and an A727HD are included with the car. I have a very rare, original A-body 8.75" complete rear axle available separately (it's in another ad) and would make a package deal on both.

I'm asking $1,900 or best serious offer for the car, as it sits and including the 360 and A727HD. I'm neither hurried nor desperate to sell the car. I simply have too many projects already. I've described it to the best of my knowledge. Please, no dreamers, charity cases or tire-kickers. I would much rather deal in person after you've seen the car. Money talks, and so do I. The worst I can do is tell you "no". The car has a clean MI title. I'm just waiting on the state to mail it. I have a friend with a truck and trailer who has graciously offered to deliver within a reasonable distance (100 miles? maybe a little more?) for a little monetary love towards fuel and time.

Thanks to Barrett-Jackson, workable Mopars under $5,000 are getting increasingly hard to find. Everyone wants driver money for completely rusted-out hulks. No, it's not a 'Cuda or Road Runner, or Dodge Charger or Challenger but it's a pretty cool lighter-weight Dart / Duster / Demon sibling at the right price. You won't see yourself coming and going at every show or cruise, either!

Please respond via craigslist e-mail or text only to establish first contact. Texts received between 8AM-5PM will likely be returned after 5PM. No texts after 11PM, please. Thank you for looking."

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back