1969 tail panel

-

Erik Andersen

Putting ex drag car back to driver 69/GTS
Reaction score
I was looking at classic industries web site months ago or maybe even over a year and I saw they were looking to repop tail panels for my 69 gts, so I tried to order one and they were compiling a list to see if they got enough interest. Well last week I got call and email saying they can fill my request, so I got on their site and ordered one. $510.99 but after buying 2 used ones for $200 a piece and trying to get one decent enough to be restored I finally am going to see if the repop is the cheaper route. Will give pics and update when received.

AD387910-D1FA-48C3-B5CA-CA46092378CF.png

Last edited:
My buddy down in Mississippi just got one and says it is nice. I had heard they were flimsier than the originals, he is doing a comparison now as he has two 69 GTS's that have been restored.

I had heard they were flimsier than the originals
If that is the case some rubberized paint on or spray on water proofer (like the stuff they sell on TV) would add stiffness to the panel.

High density closed cell spray foam would do the same, but might be harder to control

Last edited:
I've been waiting over a year for these to be available. Thanks for the heads up!

Update, I got one on order.

I do have an original panel so I will be able to tell if they are different.

Last edited:
-
Back