Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Thomas

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Dear fellow MOPAR fans,

Thank you for looking at my ad. I have an original 1970 Duster (beautiful) w/ a 225 slant six at 52k miles. I am seeking performance parts for this car. Super six pack intake/exhaust, headers, small four barrel carb. What do you have that I need? Advice is also welcome. Not looking to race or drag but want to go cross country with dependable power. Thoughts?

Welcome. Slant performance stuff pops up fairly regularly; I just picked up a set of Clifford 6 into 2 headers last week here on FABO.

Before you go shopping for parts, keep in mind: picking parts because they look interesting is usually a good way to waste money and time, because it's backwards. Much better to figure out your goals for the car — what you want it to do that it doesn't do now, and what you want it not to do that it presently does. Be as specific as possible in terms of performance, economy, driveability, and cost. Then once you've worked up those goals, share them and you'll get solid advice on how best to proceed.

There are lots of options for hop-up parts. You'll hear the name "Clifford" come up, but be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective.

The good news is that you don't need to go to Clifford to get hot rod parts for slant-6s; there are lots of other, better options. See for example Dutra Duals and header options discussed in this thread and this one, Erson custom cams, HEI ignition upgrade, Mike Jeffreys windage trays, Super Six (2bbl) conversion and a different way here with photo documentation here. Hurricane intakes, other exotic intakes. Hi-perf engine buildup here, high-perf parts and build info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back