1970 340 short block for sale — Not Mine

-
So it was trashed. Did I hear a spun cam bearing?

Was this a Uncle Tony rebuild?

Prob have to pull that apart to verify ring gap, verify rod crank bearing clearances, check crank runout and end play ect. Then correct as required. Bored 40 over? If so walking on thin ice for any future rebuilds. But looks nice in the one picture and it is the 340 legend.

Sleeve it swap a 4 inch crank in there good to go. Tell everyone I got that legend block in there....
or... just hear me out... save yourself the $1500 in machine work and put a 360 in and just tell everybody it's a 340. and if they bend down into the fenderwell to check kick 'em in the *** and run off giggling (if you're at a car show, hiding behind the churro cart is usually a solid play).

you're welcome, i just saved you almost 2K and the PITA factor of custom machine work. buy me a beer next time you see me.

your bff,
-jyh

I'd only sleeve it if it was a numbers matching car, like a 340 dart or duster with a 4 speed

Good for you. Now post up a picture of your A-Body you bought.
Can’t post a pic of nothing! Oh wait a minute, here it is!

IMG_3673.jpeg

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, I thought there was a possibility that the engine in this thread was being sold by a guy I know, since he's told me in the past that he has a couple he wants to sell.

Well, as luck would have it, he reached out a couple days ago and mentioned he still has the engines (three, in fact). I asked if this one was his, and fortunately it's not. Told him to put me down for one -- I trust him a lot more than a stranger on FB selling for a "friend."

-
Back