1970 Challenger restomod NOT MINE

-

phaelax

Reaction score
It's not mine but I came across this and felt it worth sharing. If you're not a stickler about originality, seems like a reasonable price for a potentially awesome car. I considered it myself but I'm too wrapped up restoring another car at the moment.
For Sale: 1970 Dodge Challenger in Mooresville, North Carolina

Code:
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1581333/1970-dodge-challenger-for-sale-in-mooresville-north-carolina-28117

Last edited:
Link worked for me from the thread, but I've posted the actual link for you

Link worked for me from the thread, but I've posted the actual link for you

Still doesn't work.

I think the site has some kind of deal with hot linking, I tried to add a link and it doesn't work either.

And that car is a hot mess! Failed carbon fiber roof attempt? What's under that? Needs other body work? Gen III hemi with a turbo that needs "tuning"? 1000hp engine hooked to a T5?

Nope nope nope. Doesn't matter what all those individual parts cost, there's no guarantee any of them still work. You could drop $22k and have to start over completely with a hacked to pieces body.

Last edited:
Still doesn't work.

I think the site has some kind of deal with hot linking, I tried to add a link and it doesn't work either.

And that car is a hot mess! Failed carbon fiber roof attempt? What's under that? Needs other body work? Gen III hemi with a turbo that needs "tuning"? 1000hp engine hooked to a T5?

Nope nope nope. Doesn't matter what all those individual parts cost, there's no guarantee any of them still work. You could drop $22k and have to start over completely with a hacked to pieces body.
22k obo.
I'd offer 7k...lol..
Scary on what may lie beneath

The site won't hotlink. Open in a new tab and remove everything before the "classiccars. com" and it will load.

I need to stay off that site. There's a 440-swapped Duster that I REALLY like.

It's not mine but I came across this and felt it worth sharing. If you're not a stickler about originality, seems like a reasonable price for a potentially awesome car. I considered it myself but I'm too wrapped up restoring another car at the moment.
For Sale: 1970 Dodge Challenger in Mooresville, North Carolina

Code:
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1581333/1970-dodge-challenger-for-sale-in-mooresville-north-carolina-28117
That car is a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still doesn't work.

We've had our disagreements in the past, but this ain't gonna be one of um. lol

We've had our disagreements in the past, but this ain't gonna be one of um. lol

Right?

The more I look at that thing the more junk I see, poor thing is totally fubar. I mean, are those sheet metal screws holding the firewall together?

And that’s just the easy stuff, the body is hammered. Fiberglass grafted in place of metal panels? Good grief. The engine is moved waaaaay back, presumably for the turbo plumbing. But was that part of the Art Morrison chassis? Or did they do that after? They added some giant square crossbar onto the the front of the chassis, that’s not part of the Art Morrison maxG frame. So they’ve screwed up the body and the frame. And it doesn’t run right, so no promises on the engine either.

If the level or work is the same across the whole thing, even $7k is too much. That’s a money pit. I feel bad for the shop that the new owner takes this mess to. There’s a real bad reality check coming for someone.

lol, guess I didn't look at it as closely as you guys. The choice to use the T5 did have me scratching my head though.
I just really want a '70 challenger and that's the only one it looked like I could afford. :(

lol, guess I didn't look at it as closely as you guys. The choice to use the T5 did have me scratching my head though.
I just really want a '70 challenger and that's the only one it looked like I could afford. :(

You definitely can’t afford that one! You’d be another $20k into it just undoing what’s been screwed up. And then you’d have to build it. You’d be better off buying a rust bucket that needs half the AMD catalog, at least you’d know what you’re dealing with.

Why am I not surprised?

Right click the link and open it in a new tab. Then it works.

As already mentioned, there’s some kind of hot linking deal with that site if you just click on the link.

Why am I not surprised?

Right click the link and open it in a new tab. Then it works.

As already mentioned, there’s some kind of hot linking deal with that site if you just click on the link.
From what I've read it's a project car anyway and I don't want a project car

Can't believe it sold.
Wonder what it sold for and good luck to whoever bought it. Hopefully they'll strip it for parts and use them for a more worthy body instead of something that's all hacked up.

A '70 challenger with a modern hemi restomod has been a dream car of mine. That was probably as close as I was going to get to affording one.

-
Back