1970 Dart 340 4 speed. Need some help befor i buy it.

-

AGE TO AGE

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
Found a 1970 340 4 speed dart. it's been sitting under a tarp for 3 years. it's been an unregistered (not tagged) car for 12 years. it's a repainted banana yellow hardtop. ran 11.20's when last raced. fender tag is in tack and matches vin. only mods other than an engine rebuild on the racey side are fiberglass hood and racing bucket seats. it has black interior. all else apears original. has a new 8-3/4 center section. motor turns over free.

so...what help do you need?
what it is worth will depend on your plans for it...and if it has a title that matches both the sellers name, and the VIN on the car ;)

Last edited:
engine rebuild on the racey side
If this is to be a streeter, that is gonna cost some money to undo.And the race gears will probably need to be replaced. Then there is the possibility of replacing some,to most,of the suspension.And racing seats are not the best in a streeter. I suppose it has a cage in it, so that gets old .

But hey if you are looking to go racing, you could do a lot worse than 11.2s. you are all set.Well except the mouse-poop will slow you down a bit.
If you like my help, please press the like button.LOL

Last edited:
Found a 1970 340 4 speed dart. it's been sitting under a tarp for 3 years. it's been an unregistered (not tagged) car for 12 years. it's a repainted banana yellow hardtop. ran 11.20's when last raced. fender tag is in tack and matches vin. only mods other than an engine rebuild on the racey side are fiberglass hood and racing bucket seats. it has black interior. all else apears original. has a new 8-3/4 center section. motor turns over free.
This is an original fy1 340 4 speed.

So it's a Dart swinger. Fender tag reads row1- V8X FY1 FY1 E55 row2- Y05 L2X9 D21 row3- end M43 TX9 LM23 row4- N41 990 HOR row5- N42 017346 row6- R11. The vin sequence matches cars vin

That's why they make ramen noodles. It gives us extra cash to buy old Mopars.
:rofl:

Trying to put a $$ figure to offer for it. The car is not cut up and no cage in it. Only the hood, front seat and steering wheel are not original. And repainted purple
Without pics, it's not easy to guess a value, but if you could get it for $5k, you would be in good shape! Their price will probably be $12k, knowing the climate nowadays, and I might adjust my $5k offer upon seeing some pics!!

As mentioned, without pictures and more info, it would be hard to put a price on it. Amount of rust, what engine/ trans in it now, tittle, how complete it is, these are all questions along with several pictures that need to be included before a price can be put on it.

latest?cb=20150201114959

-
Back