1970 dart for sale big block $8500 firm

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
im pretty sure its a 440 block. but yes i did buy the car not knowing much about it because i bought it off an old man for next to nothing!!! and I do mean next to nothing!

Hey man im not really sure you should be telling people that if your trying to sell it for 8500. That is something you may want to keep to yourself but its up to you. Still its a nice car but that is just something you may not want to tell people. Good luck with the sale. Justin

well if your not sure whats in the car or whats been done to it and you got a real low price maybe you should drop your price and let the new owner figure it out ,it sounds like you will still make great profit and you wont have to answer as many questions .And you will probably sell it fast.

If you know nothing about the car, I would sugest you post pics, from every angle, and let the pics do the talking. include the underside of the car.

i don't think many people here are willing to spend money on a car that they know the seller is making a killing on. I'm guessing you are trying to double your money.

let pics do the talking ( loose lips sinks ships)

I live too far, But if I lived closer I'd offer $5K

Sounds like your just trying to flip it.

Phil

im pretty sure its a 440 block. but yes i did buy the car not knowing much about it because i bought it off an old man for next to nothing!!! and I do mean next to nothing!

So if you really know nothing about it and paid next to nothing for it how did you arrive at the $8500 price?

$7900 and no documentation?

What brake system on the car?
What bolt circle on the car?

All the best on the sale...

what about the drivers side?? all your pics are of the pass side, before id spend that kind of doe id like to see all sides.8)

I will have to take some pictures of the driver side. it looks good but it does have some bondo on it just like the passenger side. the trunk pan will need to be replaced as well but those are really the only downsides to the car. it has drums all the way around and it has the small bolt pattern for the wheels!

So if you really know nothing about it and paid next to nothing for it how did you arrive at the $8500 price?

You never answered my question.

This car gets less desirable to me with those shady answers you are spewing.Playing dumb doesn't get it here,you came to a place that knows A bodies

And why are you in such a hurry to get rid of it?:wack:

like i said before i am selling it locally and if someone local from this site sees it and wants to test drive it and check it out then they can do so!!!!!! I am not much of a mechanic so i cant tell you much and besides i could care less if it is DESIRABLE to you or not!!! I like to drive and look at muscle cars just as much as you a-body know it alls ( or so you think )!!!!! so if you dont live in my area or not planning on driving over to look at it then stop posting comments on it you!!!! OK:thebirdm: nice talking to you!!! you a - body expert lol

sheeeezzzz, a little hostility???????? people just want to see what they are going to get for their money, it looks like a decent car? i think most of the people know what they are looking at. there may be a reason you are not showing the drivers side?, good luck with the sale.

hes selling because he can't afford the cost of gas that thing burns plus im sure its a bigblock throwed in a six are 318 car with the baby 71/4 rear still in the car goodluck :thebirdm:

This is why you don't try to sell anything like this on a forum based website. You will get bulldozed down before you know it!

Find out as much as you can about the car, put in on ebay, set a reserve and let it go! Peace!

who cares, this is actually fun to me! I like reading all these quotes from these want to be know it alls!!!! lol lol I mean I bought a car for very cheap and I will have fun with it unitl I sell it. Like I keep saying but nobody is reading that its for sale locally, Im not shipping it anywhere and if you have a question that I cant answer then drive to my house and look at it for yourself. Im not really hurting for the money so I will leave it on here and all the other sites for as long as it takes!

who cares, this is actually fun to me! I like reading all these quotes from these want to be know it alls!!!! lol lol

I don't think you can call people a "want to be Know it all" when you can't answer any questions.

I think the price you have sounds fair, And I originally asked you questions about it to find out how simular a build it was to my duster. also so that any potential buyers could get more info on the car. i live way to far to bother with the car. But It's a big block, and that is the only reason I am watching it. I think you could have sold it pretty easily to someone on this site, But You have really ruined your credibility. and you can't really answer qustions either...Which would help it sell. I am sure you will sell it locally.

Are you a dodge guy at all? or did you just come across this car, and got it for a good deal?

How do you know if it is a 8 3/4? That would have been one of the first things I would have looked at when I bought it, but you kept saying you didn't know anything about the car, and all of a sudden...poof...its an 8 3/4!

Its easy to find out what diff it is...just as easy to find out the other qusetions that I and other people have asked.

Honest, I am only trying to help, and if you lived in WA, I would have called you and looked at it allready. and maybe bought it. who knows.

Phil

I like the car and might have considered buying it under different circumstances. But I gotta tell ya you got a lot of BALLS to be such an as about selling this car. You seem to think everyone on here should be shaking in their boots because you "have it for sale locally". Big deal. Everybody that has a car for sale has it for sale locally as well.

But the balls part really rears it's ugly head by stating you stole the damn thing, and think people should just automatically shell out money for this 20 footer when you know nothing about it....except it has bondo in it, and you've resisted posting any pics of it so people can judge for themselves just how good or bad this things is.

You don't know what the motor is, how it was installed, what's been done to the motor or trans, question the rear, but you DO know it has rust and/or body damage.

I'm sorry for popping off, but you really seem like an arrogant prick bad mouthing people for asking about something YOU have for sale, and should know something about

I'm sorry for popping off, but you really seem like an arrogant prick bad mouthing people for asking about something YOU have for sale, and should know something about[/quote]

I gotta agree with 68 here. Admitting that you stole the thing was NOT a good idea. I know, I know, you dont care, but use a little common sense next time.

I know its an 8 3/4 because my wifes cousin is a car builder and he is pretty sure that its has a 727 trans and he thinks that its either a 413 or a 440 block. He's confused on the motor because the heads are 4bolt heads! the reason im not answering these questions is because i dont want to say these things and then it turns out im wrong!!! so im not arrogant about it at all!! i think im being honest to a fault i guess! I have a pretty nice car with a big block motor for a really good price! yes the car does have some bondo on the quarters and some on the inside of the doors and the trunk pan will need to be replaced! a few hundred dollars of work and then a decent paint job then you have a 11 or 12 or 13 thousand dollar car, atleast thats what i think from everything else i see for sale out there! sorry for seeming like a prick but im really not!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back