1970 Dart GT Value?

-

CMR1982

Reaction score
I hope this is the right area in the forum for this...
I bought a 1970 Dart GT from the original owner several months ago - has the original window sticker. I've tried my hardest to determine a value for it and cannot find any good past sales to compare against.
Any help or any ballpark values?

Window Sticker:
- Dodge Dart Custom (318 replaced in 1971 w/ 340)
- Vinyl Bucket Seats
- GT Package
- Console
- Torqueflite Trans (Not sure if that was replaced - has a 4 speed auto now)
- A/C
- Power Steering
- Vinyl Roof

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

The ‘70 and ‘71 GT’s really aren’t worth any more than a similarly equipped Swinger. The GT package was pretty rare with only ~1,280 built in ‘71, but because it wasn’t a performance package it really doesn’t seem to have much of an impact on price.

I'd say a good strong $20,000.. I thought I paid a premium for my 70 Swinger. It's a 318 column shift auto with bench seat. Your's looks similar, has a 340 upgrade, buckets, and console.

052.JPG

Last edited:
I'd say a good strong $20,000.. I thought I paid a premium for my 70 Swinger. It's a 318 column shift auto with bench seat. Your's looks similar, has a 340 upgrade, buckets, and console. (i don't think GT's came with all those goodies. )

View attachment 1715968192

GT’s came with the buckets and a console. That and the badging was about the whole package in ‘70/‘71, they did get different seat covers. They did not come with the 340, they were /6 or 318 cars.

GT’s came with the buckets and a console. That and the badging was about the whole package in ‘70/‘71, they did get different seat covers. They did not come with the 340, they were /6 or 318 cars.
Thanks for the clarification. I remembered they were a simpler model with the teen. I will edit my post so it's not confusing.

Go to the Hagerty Classic Car insurance site, enter in your car info and see what it will insure for.

Sweet GT I’d agree with the 20K. My buddy has a 70 GT, Gold with green interior buckets no console slant six auto.

Sweet GT I’d agree with the 20K. My buddy has a 70 GT, Gold with green interior buckets no console slant six auto.

Whoops, now I have to correct myself. A lot of GT’s had consoles, but they were not part of the GT package. More common for ‘71’s to have consoles, probably just using them up. Like the rim blow steering wheels too, not part of the GT package but mine both had them

for ‘70
546E5426-66EC-41A1-9A3A-20DF0538EED1.jpeg

Welcome!

What value did you place on it when you bought it a few months ago? Seems a little backwards to be asking around after you shelled out some $$ for it. Did you pay more or less than $20k?

I doubt that it will be much more valuable than a comparable Swinger. That means an original 318 Swinger, however, I would think that the 340 would add some value over and above that. I would agree with @GTX JOHN on th $20k, and I base that on what I sold my 70 Dart Custom for several years ago. It was a 318/904 bench seat car, upgraded to 360/727 with cloth buckets and console, floor shift, 8 3/4 with a sure grip and 3.23 gears, never had any major rust, body and paint were 8/10. The car ran and drove perfectly and was extremely reliable. I sold it in 2011 for $13,500.00 CAD, which was about $12,700.00 USD at the time.

-
Back