1970 Dart matching numbers 340 4 Speed

-
what’s 100% original? Motor rebuilt (hone), repainted, stripe added...

That’s an older semi restored car. What condition and quality is the 20? year old repaint?

It’s covered in dust. The seller doesn’t seem very motivated to sell it.
That’s because Gold sells itself. Kim

There has been an original 67 383 car advertised recently around here for the same $$

67s are a love em or hate em car. My favourite is a 69 (I own 3 now including an M-code 440 GTS), I’ve owned several 68 original big block cars, but the 67 just doesn’t work for me.

It’s covered in dust. The seller doesn’t seem very motivated to sell it.

Very true. Four or five small pictures for a $40k car screams “low effort” on trying to sell it which also supports the high asking price. Perhaps the wife wants him to sell it so he can now honestly say to her ‘yup, I’ve got it listed for sale now’.

20201113_170302.jpg

I got this for 26k.
Numbers matching, 340 4 speed.
Buckets with new interior. The only thing that wasn't done is the dash, and its not too bad.
That was 3 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan... 70+ darts don't tickle my fancy... would rather buy one of the nice 340 demons for sale in Las Vegas and California that are priced 18-25k....

67s are a love em or hate em car. My favourite is a 69 (I own 3 now including an M-code 440 GTS), I’ve owned several 68 original big block cars, but the 67 just doesn’t work for me.

Why are 69s your favorite? Whats different about the 69 that makes you like it most?

I have a 69 340... 68 BB is my favorite... 68's have the awesome round fender turn signals...

Funny joke... What number do women like more than 69?... 88, because they get 8 twice.... :rofl:

Why are 69s your favorite? Whats different about the 69 that makes you like it most?

I have a 69 340... 68 BB is my favorite... 68's have the awesome round fender turn signals...

Funny joke... What number do women like more than 69?... 88, because they get 8 twice.... :rofl:

I much prefer the grille on a 69, it sounds dumb to say this but it feels more modern. Especially the GTS grille with the more blacked out sections. Plus the side marker shape, I like it better than the little round light, and the marker location seems better.

Not a fan... 70+ darts don't tickle my fancy... would rather buy one of the nice 340 demons for sale in Las Vegas and California that are priced 18-25k....
Not a fan of '70s huh? I had a 69 340 swinger it was cool but let's see 70 sports dual hood scoops, factory hood pins ,blacked out Hood , rallydash ,150 mph speedometer Hurst four speed shifter, torque boxes, extra heavy duty leaf spring pack, 8 and 3/4 sure grip, proper day glow paint schemes first year available, gowing spoiler, scat pack stripe, front sway bar, front disc brakes, dual exhaust with chrome tips and more LOL 1970 340 swingers are badass!

IMG_20210123_141645743.jpg

Not a fan of '70s huh? I had a 69 340 swinger it was cool but let's see 70 sports dual hood scoops, factory hood pins ,blacked out Hood , rallydash ,150 mph speedometer Hurst four speed shifter, torque boxes, extra heavy duty leaf spring pack, 8 and 3/4 sure grip, proper day glow paint schemes first year available, gowing spoiler, scat pack stripe, front sway bar, front disc brakes, dual exhaust with chrome tips and more LOL 1970 340 swingers are badass!

View attachment 1715690751
I have had 70/71/72 340 swingers. I liked them the best, especially my 1970. Kim

I much prefer the 70 styling, I've owned a few of them, I don't mind the 67 to 69 styling, but the grille and taillight treatment on the 1970 just looks so much cleaner to me. Then there are all the things that K.O. Swinger mentioned too.

Thanks they are asking 39000 I thought that was high but there are some asking as high as $44 US.... that is like $56 Canadian !!!
If it is restored I'd say go for it. But looking at it as a collector you'd be safe to increase value over time. But I usually see good condition 340 swingers in the $30,000 range not many over $35,000. It looks to be loaded as it can for an a-body, great color combo, hemi orange- black interior

View attachment 1715690751

The front end looks good, the sides look good, but they have this.... I can't get over this *** end with the tail lights in the bumpers.... I think its ugly compared to the 67-9.

Mmhmm... much better...

Screenshot_20210215-191120_Samsung Internet.jpg

20201213_114825.jpg

No pictures?? Does it run? Does it drive? Is it COMPLETELY restored? Plus, matching numbers means a LOT more than simply the engine and tranny.

That's a very nice car. At least half of this site would give their right arm for that car. You know "you" secretly wished you had it. Good luck with the sale !

The front end looks good, the sides look good, but they have this.... I can't get over this *** end with the tail lights in the bumpers.... I think its ugly compared to the 67-9.

Mmhmm... much better...

View attachment 1715690766

View attachment 1715690767
I'm sure part of that "restyling" was to cheapen production costs. Think about how simplified (less parts count) that '70 rear end is compared to the '67-'69 design. The front grille is all plastic too, another way to make the car cheaper to produce. The '70s-up don't look "ugly" to me, just simplified, and not quite as interesting as the earlier cars.

I'm sure part of that "restyling" was to cheapen production costs. Think about how simplified (less parts count) that '70 rear end is compared to the '67-'69 design. The front grille is all plastic too, another way to make the car cheaper to produce. The '70s-up don't look "ugly" to me, just simplified, and not quite as interesting as the earlier cars.
By 69 the dart body style had basically been the same for 3 years and somewhat dated. Though I'm sure some changes were made to reduce costs It was also a Time when parts could be taken to the next level through molding that would cost a fortune to try to if you even could reproduce with metal parts my 70 grill is original it has held up extremely well it's amazing so questioning its integrity is somewhat moot. It is much more detailed and complex than any other dart grill before it in my opinion. Also the tail lights in the bumper was the trend that Mopar had moved to just look at the super Bee for 70 roadrunner for 71 and some as mentioned do not care for the tail light in the bumper look ok but the trunk deck how it marries to the bumper looks really good compared to previous years.

By 69 the dart body style had basically been the same for 3 years and somewhat dated. Though I'm sure some changes were made to reduce costs It was also a Time when parts could be taken to the next level through molding that would cost a fortune to try to if you even could reproduce with metal parts my 70 grill is original it has held up extremely well it's amazing so questioning its integrity is somewhat moot. It is much more detailed and complex than any other dart grill before it in my opinion. Also the tail lights in the bumper was the trend that Mopar had moved to just look at the super Bee for 70 roadrunner for 71 and some as mentioned do not care for the tail light in the bumper look ok but the trunk deck how it marries to the bumper looks really good compared to previous years.
"questioning its integrity"? I did nothing of the kind. Plastic grilles and other body parts are cheaper to manufacture. That does not mean there is anything wrong with them.

"questioning its integrity"? I did nothing of the kind. Plastic grilles and other body parts are cheaper to manufacture. That does not mean there is anything wrong with them.
I did not mean anyone in this thread and trust me I love metal parts most of the time. Just stating how plastic was starting to play a much bigger role in the automotive industry in 1970

Sorry, ugly was a bad descriptive term to use. I like the 70+ car, everything except for the tail lights in the bumper.

It's kind of like a Filet vs a flat steak... or a beautiful woman with A cups vs DD's... lol

Don't get me wrong I've seen drop dead gorgeous 1969's and if the truth be told if I ever get another dart it'll be a big block 68 I just think the 70 can hold its own as an all-around hot rod package

Sorry, ugly was a bad descriptive term to use. I like the 70+ car, everything except for the tail lights in the bumper. No

It's kind of like a Filet vs a flat steak... or a beautiful woman with A cups vs DD's... lol
a
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree my wife's 4 ft 10 size 1 and no dd lol like it alot

-
Back