-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Again, in my travels I came across this car while prowling the streets, okay I was driving by after returning from a job.
I mentioned to y'all I saw this car and would stop, knock, and roll.
Well, I did today, and I will tell my story.

This car is owned by a very extremely nice, but elderly gentleman.
I told him I saw his car on occasion and finally had the chance to stop and inquire about it.
I asked him if it were for sale and he indicated that it is now.
I offered him $1500 and he said he was thinking more along the lines of $3500.
I did not want to insult him or act like I knew much more than him about the value of his car, but I did tell him that he should not expect to get more than $2-k out of it in this condition.
He does not have internet access, but will answer phone calls.
He asked me to list the car for him to try to help him sell it.

Guys, I will post all the pics I took of it and let you decide what it is worth.

If you are interested , shoot me an e-mail to [email protected], and I will give you his phone #.

Please look, and if it is not for you, please, out of respect, do not turn this into a personal opinion poll or I will simply delte the pics and the ad.

He said the car runs and drives, but has not started it for about 1 year.
It is a slant-6 /auto on the column, with less than 100-k miles.

The worst parts is of course, what ever rust is hiding under the vinyl top, and the cowl area under the windshield is cancerous.

I am posting theese pics and info to help this guy sell his car.
He is very elderly, so if you do get in touch with him, please be respectful as I know you will.

I am just trying to help the guy out as someone may want to do some better bargaining than I had the time to do.

keep in mind, I was able to knock on his door and pursuade him to let me take pictures of his car with the promise of listing it for him as he has no internet access.
I did not want to further impose upon him with any high pressure bargaining.
I figured I got this far, I better not push it with him since he seems pretty fragile.
O'kay guys, that's all I got.

Maybe with some friendly bartering, one of you guys may get him to come down on the price once he realizes it is not really worth his asking price.

I told him to expect some phone calls.

P/m me or email me with questions.

Spaz.

70swinger1.jpg

70swinger2.jpg

70swinger3.jpg

70swinger4.jpg

70swinger5.jpg

70swinger6.jpg

70swinger7.jpg

70swinger8.jpg

70swinger9.jpg

70swinger10.jpg

70swinger11.jpg

70swinger13.jpg

70swinger14.jpg

I looked underneath the car, and the framle rails and trunk look very solid as this is a southern car.
This car is located in Marietta Georgia.

The car appear to have some pretty serious rust under the top above rear window. The dutchmans panel probably has some pretty significant issues as well.

If he could get 2K out of it he should take it and run. Your offer of 1500 is more than I would have offered based on what I see.

Just my 2 cents

Well I'll Tell You This I Would Never Find A Car Like That With So Little Rust On It Up Here In The North. If It Was Within 300 Miles I Would Buy It. Slam A RB In It. And Be Happy For A Life Time. How Many Miles Is It From The Detroit Boarder.

Well I'll Tell You This I Would Never Find A Car Like That With So Little Rust On It Up Here In The North. If It Was Within 300 Miles I Would Buy It. Slam A RB In It. And Be Happy For A Life Time. How Many Miles Is It From The Detroit Boarder.[/QUOTE

I can't remember if it was 95 or 98-k miles on the clock.

I believe you would be looking at about a 15-18 hour drive from the border depending on what you are driving.

Was there rust on the inner fenders or firewall? I looks like 2 big patches near the hood hinges on the firewall in the engine picture. The rust around the windows an be fixed, hopefully it is not all rusted under th vynal top too. If the floors, frame, and inner fenders are solid, it should be worth $1500-$2000 no problem. Complete car is always nice too. Overall, neat car, I sure love the color! 1970 Swingers are getting hard to find, try buying one in a few years, I bet the price will be alot higher!!! Good luck!! :toothy10:

It looks like 2 big patches near the hood hinges on the firewall in the engine picture.

Looks to me like someone cut holes there to clean out the cowl and then patched up the holes. Nice looking car, thanks for posting the pictures.

You are all right.

I'll bet the roof under the vinyl top is in rough shape.

I thought the same thing about the cowl junk and patches welded in.

The inner fenders looked nice to me.

I really did not want to push the issue by pulling the carpet up to check out the floor pans so I looked underneath the car and it looked solid throughout.

I did tell him not to expect an offer over $2-k, and I would definitely give him $1500 now.

Since it is up for grabs, good luck to anyone interested.
Just doping my part to try to get it into the hands of a true mopar fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back