1970 dart swinger big block $7700.00

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
it amazes me that guys who love Mopars and even own them don`t know how to tell a 383 from a 400 to a 440 steel crank or cast crank! much less small blocks!
it also amazes me that some guys look at a car as needing "alotta work" when i think they`re a pretty easy and worthwhile fix!
...but what do i know? ...i`m a girl!
DUH GUYS! try reading, looking, listening and learning! ...oh and working on them! haha
p.s. i will admit i don`t know everything about old 331 hemis...and fords, i don`t know SHEEOT about them thangs! (and don`t want to...fords that is!)

Lots of guys (and girls) dont care to know how to tell the difference. If they can get in and drive it thats all that matters to them. Sometimes I wish I didnt care and could just drive mine.

I'm real surprised you still have this. Nice looking driver, I must be missing something

Take it next week and cruise Woodward, with the number of people that will be in town starting this weekend, would be a great place to advertise.

probably better to cruise each evening starting Tuesday and it it can make the trip on Friday or Saturday night would be impressive, my Dart didn't like sitting in the traffic idling

Good Luck on the sale

people getting real picky ..big time buyers market and getting bigger as things slide ..economy down gas sky high ..if you've got cash to spend on hobby vehicle you can get what you want at your price...took me 3 mo. to sell very nice car for decent price...now I'm buying and I'll be the pain in the ***...nice car but 7k not happening in today world

I don't know...even with the dow on the 1/4's it would be worth it up here. You can't buy a dart, and build it for that much. without seeing it in person, I think its worth it, but I am sure things arn't what they appear ;)

good luck

Phil

Hey Ken, I reviewed the pictures you forwarded to the Email Address I provided....they were HUGE!!!

There appears to be alot of little stuff damage/defects.

I apologize for consuming some of your time, but your Dart is not what I am looking for.

I am currently building a 1970 Swinger (check my profile-previous posts for the thread) and know first hand about the difficulty finding quality replacement parts.

I was interested in your car for my Father...he is wanting a 68/69/70 Dart, or 68/69 Barracuda FB to go drag racing with...with the 440 already in your car I was thinking him and I could have a showdown between a BB Dart vs. mine with SB and Single Turbo. Unfortunately, your 70 Swinger just doesn't fit our recipe.

Good luck, it really is in Good Overall Condition and presentable...Give everyone here a week or so and Ebay that sucker!!!

Start Cruising Woodward tonight, Park in the Kroger lot @ 13 mile, for a while and watch the other cars go by

I would think someone would like to have it

If the undercarriage is solid should be an easy sell for $6800

i will be there on saturday for awhile, so we will see how it goes. it's funny that there are so many guys come up to me and say wow you should have no problem selling that car! STILL HAVE IT

If it wasn't for the 1/4's and the unknown ( mainly the 1/4's though) i'd be all over that like stink on you know what.

Lots of guys (and girls) dont care to know how to tell the difference. If they can get in and drive it thats all that matters to them. Sometimes I wish I didnt care and could just drive mine.

c`mon Adam,
you`re an administrator here...you gotta know that people who spend money to buy these cars want to know!
...then again the guy who owns this one doesn`t know...so what do i know? ya know?
...haha
but Adam do you know where to find a maltese cross on certain 440`s...and do you know what it means? i do...ah! ha!

:sign5:

How did you end up with this car, if you don't mind me asking? And how did you finally determine that it's a 413?

i bought the car about four months ago to keep it and do some work to it. so the next day after owning the car i put a new exhaust system & new holley carb on it. then bad luck hit and now i need to sell it. i recently had it at a local show and i was talking to someone with the same motor as i have and he pointed out that the heads on the car were four bolt heads therefore they are 413. also the stamp on top has a 4 and then it looks like a faded one after that so it has to be a 413.

Any big block head will bolt up on any big block block. So the fact that the heads are early 4 bolt heads doesn't mean the motor is a 413 or a 426 or a 440.
BUT...the size should be stamped on the machined pad there at the front left (driver's side) corner of the intake. Also, if you can get under the car you can tell from the casting numbers on the block

i bought the car about four months ago to keep it and do some work to it. so the next day after owning the car i put a new exhaust system & new holley carb on it. then bad luck hit and now i need to sell it. i recently had it at a local show and i was talking to someone with the same motor as i have and he pointed out that the heads on the car were four bolt heads therefore they are 413. also the stamp on top has a 4 and then it looks like a faded one after that so it has to be a 413.

If you still arn't sure if it is a 413, spit on your finger, or put a little bit of water on the stamping, it makes it easier to read sometimes. Don't make it wet..just damp. Or crawl under the car, and look up by the starter. you should see a BIG 413, or 440. But if your wheather is anything like mine, your guna get soaked down there ;)

I would hope for a 440 if I were you, a 413 is guna drop the price even more:(

Funny I'm in Howell Mi. and its 82 and sunny . . . j/k . . . .

70Dartks . . . why are you selling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back