1970 Dart wiring diagram

-

JSL298

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for wiring diagram for a 70’ Dart. Does anyone have a link or copies of it? Thank you

Thank you guys. Anyone have 15 hours to trace this out for me? Dash completely taken apart.

Thank you guys. Anyone have 15 hours to trace this out for me? Dash completely taken apart
100.00 per hour plus airfair, lodging in a nice hotel, rental car. ( I'll get my own food)

:rofl:

I crack myself up!

Are you starting with an OEM or aftermarket OEM style harness?

Should be very plug and play. Routing would be the hard part.

Full custom or "universal" your on your own!

I’m in Oak Lawn, IL. Actually just bought this car to go along with my 4 other Mopar projects. Hot wired the motor and got it running. Just started looking at the interior today. Someone did a nice job taping all the wires up. My first issue is no power to fuse box. Was using diagram for my 72 dart. Spent about an hour on it then went home for a nap. The steering column and instrument cluster are out. The only power I have is to the red wire for amp gauge.

First stop using wrong year diagrams. THEY ARE DIFFERENT. The red ammeter wire and the black ammeter wire MUST BE jumpered together to make the power work. The ammeter is in SERIES. Be CAREFUL. The black and red are NOT FUSED except through the master fuse link. You can "burn up a lot of stuff" if you short that/ those to ground.

This article, which deals with ammeter/ bulkhead connector issues, has a nice simplified diagram of main power distribution
Catalog

amp-ga18.jpg

The main power comes off the battery, makes it's way to the BIG STUD on the starter relay which serves as a junction point. From there the FUSE LINK feeds in through the BULKEAD CONNECTOR on the RED wire to the AMMETER. Power goes through the AMMETER and out on the ammeter BLACK. NOTICE!!!! That it goes to the "welded splice." This is a big welded splice, a few inches away from the ammeter, wrapped up in the under-dash harness. From there power branches off as shown (depending on year/ model) to the ignition switch, to the headlights power, to the fuse panel "hot" buss.

Again, BE CAREFUL. The only protection for that part of the wiring is the fuse link.

Wasn’t sure about that. I’m guessing with that information I can start my journey putting this thing back together.

Any time you want to tinker. My shop is in highland IN about half hour from here.

UPDATE. Thank you for all of the useful information. I now have power everywhere I'm supposed to. On to the next job on this beast.

-
Back