1970 Dodge Dart Grill

-

Jeff Clay

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need to get my dart grill restored and don't know of any business that specializes in the restoration of Mopar grills. Does anyone know from experience of a company that does this type of work and is trusted? Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks...

Hey guys,

I need to get my dart grill restored and don't know of any business that specializes in the restoration of Mopar grills. Does anyone know from experience of a company that does this type of work and is trusted? Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks...
I had my 70 grill done by G Car in spokane Washington, and my dash bezel also and was satisfied.There add is in the Mopar Muscle Magazine #509-238-4967

Click here for the FABO thread -> 70 Dart Grill restore
It cost me a total of $21 of paint and frog tape to completely restore my grill it took two days of some taping some painting some drying

Last edited:
20170125_233726.jpg

Jeff; We did a 72 for Fabo Member emydemon awhile back.
We made it Custom with a little Dark Argent Gray on the rim accent areas.
Turned out KILLA, she loved it.

350 + 100 shipping for Grille (USPS shipping is ridiculous on these Grilles, because of the length, my apologies).
200 +20 shipping for HL Bezels.
2 week turnaround, once received.

72-DEMON-GRILL-1.jpg

72-DEMON-GRILL-3.jpg

72-DEMON-HL-BEZ-LH-01.jpg

emy.JPG

I did mine as well. Some scotch brite pads or fine sandpaper to scuff it, lots of careful taping with some 3m painters tape, and some paint. I think the quality of the job depends a lot more on the time spent for prep, especially the taping, than it does on skill. It will definitely take longer if you haven't done it before, but I don't think that means you'll end up with a lower quality job if you take your time. It's more of a tedious job than a high skill one. I painted mine a darker metallic color compared to stock.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv513%2FDark04%2F74%2520Duster%2FIMG_2059_zpsgwedlaiu.jpg

Rick,
Do remember the cost of having it done by G Car? Thanks Jeff

Thanks Partsmonsta...I will keep you in mind. Thanks Jeff

-
Back