1970 Dodge Dart Swinger SECOND OWNER 56,200 miles

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 2 DR. Ht. for sale. Second owner and is in great shape and has 56,200 miles on it. original red paint and vinyl roof in great shape. This is a rust free Colorado car. This is NOT a project car that needs a bunch of body work. It is an unmolested car. It has been garage keep fo 39 years of its life.

This car was not just stored in a garage is was garage kept and driven for short hops, moved in and out of the garage and started on a regular basis to keep things in good running order over the years before we bought it is used by us every week also. This car has used the lead fuel substitude from the time unleaded gas came out as not to mess up the valves. Drives handles and runs great.

Has the original 225 slant 6, engine has no oil leaks and burns no oil and automatic transmission, no leaks shifts perfect. Body has no dents or fillers and no rust. Goes up and down the mountains like a new car. Car steers straight when you let go of the steering wheel and also the brakes don't pull when you stop not holding the wheel. Standard steering, brakes, no a/c and crank windows. AM radio turns on and think speaker is shot.

I do believe the seat covers have been replaced, not sure. There is a small tear on the side panel of the front passenger side seat cover beside the door. The dash cover has a some cracks in it. Gas gage and horn button does not work. I HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUED YET. WE HAD A BRAND NEW WINDSHIELD AND GASKET INSTALLED TODAY BY SAFELITE ELITE AUTO GLASS COM. Replaced it as old one had a crack in it.

This was owned and driven by an older German couple and by the wife mostly. They maintained this call in a great maner. This car has always been adult driven and has never been smoked in or ever had any pets in it. No kids have been in this car as the previous owners had no kids and I am in my 60's

I have the original bill of sale, window sticker, hand book, 70 Dodge dealer curcular with pictures of all the 70 Dodge cars including the Dart of this cars color and a copy of the the original title which shows us the second owner. We have the Good Year tire take offs of this that are over 24 years old and the tread is still like new, sure they have some dry rot even though it does not show. These will go with the new owner if they want them if sold. They are 195 / 14" bia ply

Car has 5 brand new radial 205 / 14" tires by Firestone, and car steers and drives like a dream with them. I am not saying this car is perfect but is in excellent restorable shape and a absolutly great running Chariot for 40 years old.

People come up to us every where we go and talk to us about this car. It has been and eye turner and a thumps up form people we pass on the street. Had it at the Hot Times Kool car show in Arvada CO last August 30 2009 at the Avada center, lots of people inquired about the Swinger even though it was not for sale then. We plan on re-showing it this year if not sold at the August 29 2010 show and show it for sale.

I have all kinds of reciepts, records and emission slips showing the car did not travel far between yearly emissions., some times a few miles to maybe 100 or so. The lady broke her hip in the 80,s and her husband had his own car and took hers to the Drs. and Grocery store etc.

The reasons for selling is I have lost my use of a garage to keep it in and the Condo association we live under their rules, has come down on us for having too many cars. We have 6 between My lady, me and her son. Being I don't have shelter to put this old jewel in and do want the elements to ruin it.

I would not be afraid to drive this car out state on the interstate even 1000 miles. I am not sure how old the fan belt is or hoses etc.

We are asking $10,500 for this car and will consider all reasonable serious offers.

I tried to put pictures on here of the car in this ad, did not work. I can email them to you if you would car to see them. I did get them to post to members gallery though on this site at jumpinjoes70DartSwinger. You should be able to see them there.

Sorry about any typos and have a nice day, Joe

Pictures would be nice, it's probably a resizing issue, sounds like a great car.

Thanks the pics did not work on the classifieds but did in the picture gallery. My email address is in the ad and I can email current pics if someone want to email me for them.

Car is in Arvada Colorado. Thanks Joe

Just because it has 56k miles on it does not make it valuable. Everything made out of rubber on it is probably shot which means the front end needs rebuilding as do the brakes & master cylinder. The engine valve seats are probably no good either because they're not hardened seats for unleaded gas. I would also change all rubber gas lines cause they're probably cracked or leaking.

I just went through this with a 69 Barracuda which had 60k miles on it. We had to replace much more than we anticipated because things started to fail once we started to drive it.

I would also guess the car is worth far less than 12k

Tried to send you a reply on this don't know where it went. It seemed like like it sent before I got done. Thanks for your thoughts. Most of the things you brought up have not turned up at all having and driving this car for the last year. I do use a lead substitude in the fuel tank and so did the previous owmer.

Thanks again.

Don't take offense here or nothing, but I don't see a /6 Dart bringing $12,500. A person can get a 340 a-body for similar money or not much more in this terrible economy.

Cool of you to list it here. If you are looking for that kind of money, E-Bay may be a better venue.

Good luck with your sale.

Not sure what eBay charges to list and end of auction. Thanks I might consider this if I don't get any action out of the August Kool times show on the 29TH.

Thanks for your input.. Joe

ease up guys, he`s got a right to ask whatever he wants,you don`t have to buy it,if you don`t want to,pics would be nice tho.

you can check out the pics under his avatar , slick looking car. thats a driver alright . id rather buy that than some econo box. good luck with the sale & pay no mind to any negative opinions that will no doubt pop up from time to time.

Nice looking Dart. However, the pictures you provided do not show the engine compartment. You should also include shots of the underside of the car as well, and more interior shots. $10,500 is a lot of money for a /6, maybe providing more pictures may, in fact, warrant this price. Just a suggestion....Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful car.

vbpgimage.php

Looks like a nice car...good luck!

Thanks oldcarnut. This car is just as sweet as the pictures. No lifter or suspention noise at all. Steers straight and brakes straight with no hands on the wheel. Thanks for your comments. Joe

Thanks MoparDart68,

Will try to furnish the pics in the next few days. I get all kinds people coming up to us everywhere we go and asking about the Dart over the last year. Gets thumbs up all the time as we go through malls and grocery store parking lots etc and people even take pictures of it here and there, even before we had for sale signs on it.

People just can't believe how great the Swinger runs and looks for an unmolested 40 year old car.

The people who have stopped and looked at i,t all make up building comments on it but say they can't afford it in this economy. I have not heard anyone who has seen itin person even say any negative comments about the price. Several say we are asking too little. We had a new windshield and gasket put in this month and the manager at Safelite glass could not believe that there is no rust in the channel.

Infact the only rust on this car is very minor surface rust in the trunk and under the hood

Thanks again and will again try to post the pictures you have suggested in a few day to my avatar.

Have a great day, Joe

Thanks 3404speed, for popping this picture up here for me. Not sure how to bump the pictures up here but they can see the ones on my avatar picture gallery that are there now and the new ones we hope to post in a few days.

Thanks again and enjoy your day, Joe

I did put some pictures of the engine compartment as well as underneath the car and underside and interior as you sugested. Hope this will help. I only has usual suface rust and no rust holes. Looks as though it might need a new mufler and tailpipe. MoparDart68 thanks for your suggestions. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back