1970 duster or 1972 demon which one

-

colinm99

Reaction score
I Have the chance to buy either a 1972 numbers matching build sheet fender tag 4 speed hemi orange demon clean car other than it needs a trunk pan
or a 1970 lime geen duster 340 4 speed car both for the same price $15000
is the 72 340 motor a dog?? Would I be better to go with the duster as it looks to be a real nice driver and has no rust issues.

Help please

15 grand and needs a trunk pan hmmmmm.....No pics....both engines run neck to neck.......thats allot of money....Did you check the forsale section here...I bet there is 50 or more cars here That are totally awesome.......10 I can name right now...under 15 grand that you can drive anywhere.....

I Have the chance to buy either a 1972 numbers matching build sheet fender tag 4 speed hemi orange demon clean car other than it needs a trunk pan
is the 72 340 motor a dog?? Would I be better to go with the duster as it looks to be a real nice driver and has no rust issues.

Help please

That's way to much money, if the trunk pan is bad I'm sure there's more.

^^ i agree totally, i would check other listings, but if it came right down to it, the duster

Agree on the price seems high, but if I was to choose, I go with rust free. When you have rust and pull that part off to replace, you find more rust, and when you pull that part off... more rust. Even a rust free car has rust.

Help please

On the facts you have given us the 340 Duster would seem to be a better value for the same money but if the rust issues were addressed on the Demon, a numbers matching car is always worth more but at what cost.

IMHO both cars are not worh $15,000 so unfortunately I would keep on looking for a car that is priced correctly.

The 72 340 motor is not a dog but has less compression and smaller intake valves than the 68 - 71 340 motors which translates to about 20 to 25 horsepower over the early models. On the plus side 72 340's has a better Thermoquad than the 71's.

Well, actually, is that a normal/good price for a Duster/Demon in Canada? I have read that they are more rare in Canada.

There are no more plymouths but the no rust thing is high on my list.
That may seem high to us here but considering the time of year, the weather, and your location paying a little more for a local car would actually save you money over going after or having one delivered.

Sounds like every one thinks 340 4 speed cars grow on trees. With out pics it is hard to say if the cars are worth that or not. I my self would go with the Demon they are way more rare and valuable then the Dusters. In the end it is realy up to you and what you want more then any thing.

I mite be a little jaded towards demons but the truth is, Demons are alot more rare. 10000 or so in 71 and 8600 or so in 72. Rust never sleeps so be sure to take that into consideration.

If all things were equal I would take the demon every time. In this case though without any pictures the duster sounds better

i would probably go with the demon,but i would want to have lots of pictures of it,especially for the price they are asking for it.

Sounds like every one thinks 340 4 speed cars grow on trees. With out pics it is hard to say if the cars are worth that or not. I my self would go with the Demon they are way more rare and valuable then the Dusters. In the end it is realy up to you and what you want more then any thing.

OK I'm a Demon lover too, but is the Duster #s matching, and an original lime green car? I'm not sure I would pay more for a Demon, in that case. But I agree with you, it really comes down to which one you really want... it's all relative. Me, I'll take rust free...8)

As for the demon being more rare,this is true but only because they made a LOT more dusters..as for it being worth more i don't think so..

I believe it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I looked for years for a "70" 340 Dart in Canada and they are RARE to say the least.Most people that I have talked to and have one, talk in excess of $ 10K for

Depends on how anxious you are. Remember that the one you pass up , more than likely someone else will buy it.

They are ALL money pits.

I have 2 of them which I found and bought in the last 2 years.

The #'s match I paid $ 16K Can. ( Yellow original but now Green) and the other I got lucky and paid $ 6500 ( Plum Crazy)

I also passed up a #'s match "70" 4 speed Black and he wanted $ 16 K

Good luck

P1000778 (Small).JPG

IMG_0535 (Small).JPG

GEDC0034 (Small).JPG

-
Back