1970 Duster project in Sweden

-
I got some more work done today. The little burner actually worked really well when installing the press fit pins. You get about 3 sec to get them in place. A bit nerve wracking.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_48e0.jpg
5tNbBQ9hS4KGJnxYUxlDIA_thumb_48e2.jpg

I love the Roadkill cardboard list!
Don't even start me,on Roadkill..... Landy 484 Hemi refresher, coming up on Freiburgers Super Bee...:)..
Nice work,inserting piston pins,in the rods..Trebor. They can, be very touchy.

Haha I actually thought about Roadkill when I wrote it. I had a very nice Excell check file, but it was too impractical because my hands are always too dirty to handle the phone in my workshop :)

Don't even start me,on Roadkill..... Landy 484 Hemi refresher, coming up on Freiburgers Super Bee...:)..
Anyone who can,the name of "Humbucker " on a self developed album, has good stones,mate.

Thanks. It's a bit tricky because you only have a few sec to align and get everything in place correctly. I was impressed with the little burner though. Did not take too long to get it hot enough to be able to slide the pin through.

Didn't you make some kind of fixture with a pin-'stop' so you could just drop the pin in the piston and rod, and so it would end up at the right place everytime?

I picked up my brand new Edelbrock RPM heads today. It's gonna be a while before they go on the engine. The 273 has to come out and then I will be fixing up the bay before the 360 goes in. Anyhow, I'm excited to get them!

I picked up my brand new Edelbrock RPM heads today. It's gonna be a while before they go on the engine. The 273 has to come out and then I will be fixing up the bay before the 360 goes in. Anyhow, I'm excited to get them!
Awesome! A little less nervous about selling the iron heads now, huh?

I'm really excited to pick them up next weekend! Looking forward to seeing them.

Even unported,Trebor...Edelbrocks vs.stock heads...: Like going from Al Bundy ,toGeorge Martin ,(Beatles), .....Enjoy....

I like the stock look of an engine, not so fond of the aluminum top look. I think I'm going to paint the heads and intake. What do you think?

Got some small things done today. Maybe next time I can lift the engine out.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_48ef.jpg

I like the stock look of an engine, not so fond of the aluminum top look. I think I'm going to paint the heads and intake. What do you think?
I say paint. Modest and discrete but strong, you know.

Got the heads home last night, btw. Incredibly heavy luggage to lift onto the train. :D

I say paint. Modest and discrete but strong, you know.

Got the heads home last night, btw. Incredibly heavy luggage to lift onto the train. :D
They are really heavy! I hope you get good use of them. Don't forget to check the guides, two of them is a little worse than the rest.

I think I will end up painting them. I really like that look. I would also like to make the bay as clean as possible. All the electrical wiring works, but it's old, sticky and dirty. Is there anything like "under hood" wiring harness? From bay and forward? Any suggestions on how to hide the wiring that is possible to hide?

Convert your ammeter gage to volts.

I used guts from sunpro # CP 8215 2" volt gage in ammeter hole. About $14

Buy dimmable peel and stick 5630 led light strip to line the inside perimeter of gage housing for even back lighting. Many colors including green. About $5 for 5 meters. Though you may use a little more than a meter to line the bucket.

Pix of my volt gage conversion in rallye cluster, and led light strip

Screenshot_2016-08-04-17-51-51.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-04-17-01-52.jpg

downloadfile-15.jpg

downloadfile-6.jpg

downloadfile-8.jpg

Thanks moparmat. That looks really nice and clean. How come you bypass it? Mine is working right now, is it a weak link in the electrical system?

-
Back