1970 Factory FM3 Duster

-

41husk

Reaction score
Any help on the value of a 1970 panther pink Duster 318 auto with colum, rallye wheels, White Vynil top with white interior. Runs and drives but needs both fenders, hood, and some work on both quarters, but no rust 25k original miles. Any Idea of the number of 70 FM3 Dusters were made? Thanks for the help.

as far as I know ma mopar never actually kept a count by color. you will see some people with educated estimates . I have no real idea what the factory pink will add too a 318 duster. lot of this value thing depends whether you are buying, selling, restoring to keep or not keep......

sounds like what you have ( I assume you own it), is a good project car. this is my take. a 70 duster is worth more than the rest . a 318 is worth more than a slant, but not as much as an original 340. I would peg its value around here at maybe $ 2000- 3000 PLUS whatever can be attributed to its rare color. assuming pretty straight body, not much rust , everything there and running driving good. but also remember rare does not always equal value. I personally would not give more for a pink car. just me.
its its a keeper, realize you will probably spend more on it than it might ever sell for if you decided to let it go. UNLESS you can do all its work. the key is to have a car YOU love and don't worry about what its worth or what other people think.

sounds like what you have ( I assume you own it), is a good project car. this is my take. a 70 duster is worth more than the rest . a 318 is worth more than a slant, but not as much as an original 340. I would peg its value around here at maybe $ 2000- 3000 PLUS whatever can be attributed to its rare color. assuming pretty straight body, not much rust , everything there and running driving good. but also remember rare does not always equal value. I personally would not give more for a pink car. just me.
its its a keeper, realize you will probably spend more on it than it might ever sell for if you decided to let it go. UNLESS you can do all its work. the key is to have a car YOU love and don't worry about what its worth or what other people think.

I agree with you 100%.
What a perfect response!

I don't get them if I dont love them. I have a 74 dart swinger with a slant. I drive it more than my 09 SRT8 Challenger. My favorite now is my 70 Challenger convertible but thats probably because I have owned it since 1982. My 69 Charger 500 is probably the rareist. I have two 1950 Dodge pi;ot house trucks and a 71 Duster project. The problem is I love them them all. I wish I was a fliper. No my problem is I love them all to much. Just wanted some numbers and a value to see if I was paying to much for the car.

Attachments

• FM# Duster.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 388
Estimated numbers...

1970 Duster FM3 Moulin Rouge (Plymouth) say Spring special color .07% of Production. I would say the color is the rarest of the lot. We would have been beat up driving a pink car in high school, Now I would drive one without thought and wish I bought them all while in high school lol.

1970 Duster production
Fastback Coupe: 192,375
340 Fastback Coupe: 24,817
Total 1970 Dusters: 217,192
U.S Sold Dusters: 173,638

I think the price estimate given is a little bit on the conservative side - rust depending.

you and have the same "disease", excessive compulsive Mopar buying syndrome"> HA
I always gets amused at the "whats its worth" threads. I say anything over scrap price is just "salesmanship".
in the long distance pic there, looks like it had been repainted some time back, over not repaired rust, trim, etc. I personally rather have a car with the original old woreout paint, so I don't need to D A off more paint and maybe primer.
does it need interior?? that's what a grand? got the 8 3/4???
has someone rebuilt the front end, brakes, good glass? looks like nice bumper, grill??? is it priced by some crackhead on CL????
IL car, frame and bottom side, truck floor, trunk extensions, rusted ???

So far I have a price of 2k to 3k. Is 3700 to 4k out of line for this car

Not at all I wouldn't think. I've seen em for sale for much higher in much worse shape, then again I believe those may have been 340 cars but regardless, if I found a rust free driving FM3 Duster I'd give $4k easily if I had it! Lol

We'll I finally pulled the trigger. Now I need to sell my 71 duster project. Picking pinky up next week

congrats!! running, driving, rust free pink car. I would not worry about what any one us indicated the value would be. who knows!??? I would say you made a good buy, and if you are happy with the purchase that is ALL that matters.
rust free and straight can add a coupl e thousand $$$ to the real value of a car. we all know that if we have purchased repair paenls, sheetmetal, filled, sanded, and blocked till dizzy!????? ( or pay someone to do that).... rustfree and straight is good!
keep us posted on progress.

-
Back