1970 Gold Duster Stripe Kit - Info Wanted

-

moparvinny

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the correct stripe (longitudinal) kit that should be on a 1970 Gold Duster? I believe it should be two narrow stripes on the fenders and progressively get larger toward rear quarter. I believe in 1971, the Gold Duster had three stripes (two narrow on the top & bottom and a larger stripe in middle). If anyone has an pics that they can send me for reference.

Thank you in advance!

Vinny

Check with challengerguy on here, he makes very nice repo stripes for about every mopar.

Thank you for the feedback! I really think I should have the stripe kit that contain two narrow and gradually get larger toward the quarter panels. Anyone have the exact user name for Challengerguy? I did not see that user name, but there are quite a few users with Challenger in their user name.

Well, after speaking with the staff at the Chrysler Museum, I was able to obtain a copy of an old ad that Chrysler advertised for the Gold Duster. Attached is a copy for reference.

Attachments

• 1970_Ply_Valiant_Gold_Duster.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 147
I could be wrong but the first year the Gold Duster Package was available was 1972. Am I mistaken? Please let me know. I have a 72 and am an amateur.

Like the Challenger T/A, AAR Cuda, Challenger Western Sport Special, Challenger Deputy & Barracuda Coupe, the Gold Duster first appeared during the 1970 model year as a mid-year release.

My 70 Duster that I had in high school was a Gold Duster package. It was FJ5 with a black vinyl top and interior, and had gold stripes on the sides and tail panel. I'm building a 70 Duster right now, with a 5.7 Hemi and a 545RFE transmission....and the plan is to make it look like my old gold Duster.

Is it too late to say that I think the first "Gold Duster" came out in 72.
I have a 71 gold Duster but it is not a Gold Duster

Is it too late to say that I think the first "Gold Duster" came out in 72.
I have a 71 gold Duster but it is not a Gold Duster
I also thought they weren't available till at least 72 but had heard other wise. The add from Chrysler above, is proof however that the Gold Duster was available in 1970

-
Back