1970 Swinger Rally Dash.no turn indicators on cluster

-

apvgs

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I pulled the rally cluster out of my 70 Swinger 340 to change the fuel gage, I also installed new sockets and bulbs in the cluster.
I put the cluster back in the dash and the gages, wipers, heater, headlights all work. The green turn signal indicators on the cluster don`t light up when I use the signal lever, but the lamps do signal outside the car. (I have had some trouble with my turn signal switch causing brake light problems and have to replace it) Anyone believe the signal switch could be causing this issue on the dash? Thanks.

Did they work before you removed the cluster?

If your outside lights work I would not expect a bad switch to cause you indicators to not work. Is it a printed circuit board and does it have wires for the turn indicators?

They worked before I took out the cluster, I suppose the circuit board could have shorted at that area?? Thanks.

Thanks. I thought about that too. Looks like I might be taking it out again..later!! :pukerigh: LOL!! Thanks.

Is the panel fully installed so it has chassis ground through the mounting hardware ?
If yes and everything else on the panel works those bulbs and/or sockets would be the most likely problem.
If the fault was only the left turn indicator bulb I would suspect you broke the pin that supplys that bulb. It really is too close to the top of the small left hand pcb thus easily broken.
The right indicator bulb gets its power from the round connector on the other board. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I ran a ground wire from the pot metal housing to a metal spot in the dash as you suggested when I bought your gage/demon. I am thinking I have some bad bulbs/sockets.

-
Back