[SOLD] 1971 340 Demon.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You took it off craigslist, I'm guessing it either sold or you got frustrated?

No, the ad expired. I listed the ad on 6/26.

I'm not actively trying to sell the car. It's a nice car, and I've been driving it a lot lately. If someone wants to make an offer I like, I'll sell it, but I don't need to sell the car.

It's a 68 GT that originally had a 273, and I swapped a 340 into. I wasn't really planning on selling it. I could probably be convinced to part with it, but I'm surely not going to give it away. I have more neat parts stockpiled for that car than any other car I own.

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 616
I bought a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona. I love it. And EVERYDAY I wish I bought your Demon instead. I would have been the most immature/fantastic idea of my life. If I ever find a way... whew.

Well, it's safely put away in the garage for now. I'll get the car cover on it so it's still nice and clean when you come to pick it up.

Tom,
Where did you get the 68 GT? It looks EXACTLY like my 68 GT that I sold back in 97 in Portland. It was gold with gold bucket interior, console, cragars and a 273. Just looked like it has OR plates on it.
Mike

It's a 68 GT that originally had a 273, and I swapped a 340 into. I wasn't really planning on selling it. I could probably be convinced to part with it, but I'm surely not going to give it away. I have more neat parts stockpiled for that car than any other car I own.

I got it from a guy in Vancouver, WA. It didn't have Cragars on it when I got it. I put them on, but who knows? Someone swapped the buckets for some Nissan buckets, or something, but it is a gold and black interior, and a 273 car. The engine dropped a rod when I got it from the guy. I acquired it in 1999.

Any pics of the old engine? I detailed the engine and painted it red with black accents (pulleys, brackets) it had a 2bbl on it. Car was really straight but i seem to remember the one rear 1/4 had some slight damage near the taillight. I'll try to find and scan a pic. Who knows? could be it. OH- it had dual exhaust with cherry bombs on it too.

I got it from a guy in Vancouver, WA. It didn't have Cragars on it when I got it. I put them on, but who knows? Someone swapped the buckets for some Nissan buckets, or something, but it is a gold and black interior, and a 273 car. The engine dropped a rod when I got it from the guy. I acquired it in 1999.

What's that knob to the right of the radio, closest to the glovebox, on the Blue Demon that Tom posted? I'm not familiar with Rally dashes, so it looks odd...

Any pics of the old engine? I detailed the engine and painted it red with black accents (pulleys, brackets) it had a 2bbl on it. Car was really straight but i seem to remember the one rear 1/4 had some slight damage near the taillight. I'll try to find and scan a pic. Who knows? could be it. OH- it had dual exhaust with cherry bombs on it too.

The passenger side has some slight damage between the door and the wheel well down low.

I don't have any pictures of the old engine It wasn't pretty when I got it. Someone had put a 4 barrel intake on it that had been stolen. It does have small dual exhaust, but if I remember corerctly, it has turbo mufflers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back