Status
Not open for further replies.

damnimcooltom

Too Cool For School
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1971 340 Demon that I may be interested in trading for something high impact colored, especially sublime or sassy grass. I'm also interested in 67-69 Barracudas and 70-74 Challengers. My outright sale asking price is $18,000 / OBO.

The car was originally brown, but someone did an amazing job of changing its color to B7 blue. It has its original engine, but the original 727 is long gone. The car has buckets and no console, and it in pretty darn nice shape. It runs well, is fun to drive, and has won several awards at Mopar and non-Mopar shows. I've just always wanted something sublime, so I thought I'd test the waters and see what's out there.

You can check out more pictures here: http://www.damnimcool.com/cars/demon/

The car currently has 15" Rallye wheels, and has been converted to big bolt pattern. The steering wheel has been changed back to the stock blue wheel, and is not the one in the pictures.

Earlier this year the car was appraised at $21,000. I am asking $18,000 /OBO / trade. I also have a nice 70 Swinger and a 1968 Dart GT that could be used to sweeten the pot for the right trade. Let me know what you have.

Let me know if you have any questions, or have a trade or an offer. The car is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. PM me here.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 4,142
  • Demon5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 4,083
  • Coeur d'Alene-20110621-00135.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4,089
  • Interior.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 4,080
  • Demon2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4,089
  • Demon8.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4,141
  • Demon4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4,090
  • Demon1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4,087
Thanks, Joe. You should buy it, or find some cool car to trade for it.

So, everyone, what other exterior colors look good with a very blue interior?

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of white. It's kind of a boring color. Does anyone have pictures of a white Demon to share?

I'd really like a Sublime or Sassy Grass green car. Some guys really like the blue, so I figured I'd sell this one and find something else. Blue just doesn't do it for me.

My Duster used to be white until I changed it to Plum Crazy. I thought the same thing about white...that it was boring. It looks like a refrigerator!! LOL :thumbdow:

However...if you see a really nice restored duster or demon in white, it actually looks pretty good, especially with black stripes and a wing. just sayin..

Black w/ blue is cool.. remember seeing a Charger 500 in that combo. Maybe a blue stripe pack

Grant

Here's a crappy cell phone video from January. It's not smoking. It was below freezing and steam was coming out the exhaust.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppMovXjIZrY"]YouTube - ‪1971 Dodge Demon 340‬‏[/ame]

How much of the ownership history / documentation is available?

Is the car's drivetrain the original that the car was born with?

What month/year was the car produced?

This is the first 1971 340 Demon I can recall having a thumbwheel radio dash bezel. Usually the thumbwheel radio was last installed in the 1970 model year, while the 1971 cars went to the circular radio knobs.

Very nice car, and I admit I'm biased as I purchased new in 1970 - a B7 1970 factory Duster 340.

Best of luck with the sale.

The engine is original, the transmission is not. The car was built on Sept 18, 1970. Some believe that since it was an early 71 (7309th car built that year in Los Angeles) that it could have come with a thumbwheel radio. I have no idea. I would assume that whoever changed the car's color took a whole blue dash out of a 70 340 Duster or something and swapped that in. The car was originally brown with a black interior. Someone did a lot of work to change the color on it. They did a good job. I don't like blue cars with blue interiors, and I own two right now.

I found another car I would like to buy, but am in a bit of a pinch for time.

Does anyone want to make me a serious cash offer that they could get to me in a week or less?

Thanks.

about how much do you think it would cost to convert it to a 4 speed ?

love the car just dont like the fact that its auto, i actually like the blue..

I like the car. I like the demons better than my duster. If you were not so far away id buy it and put my 4 speed set up in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back