-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all, Is anyone interested in these original parts I removed from my 1971 340. Water Pump and Distributor/Coil. Let me know,Im in Innisfil, Ontario, Canada. I'll ship to our friends in the south for whatever it costs me! Not sure what to ask,so please make me an offer. Thanks, Craig.

Attachments

• Picture 379.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture 381.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 382.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Picture 384.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 178
I'm not sure, I thought someone told me they went to single point in 71? Why would someone switch it? Maybe easier to adjust? I hope someone chimes in to tell us.. Thanks, Craig.

It could also be from the "Hemi Kellogg crank syndrome". Since the Hemi and 440 have the same stroke, many people that sell their Hemis trade cranks and keep the "good one (Kellogg)" for their 440s and give the buyer the weaker 440 crank with the Hemi.

I could see someone who sells a 340 exchanging the dual point with a standard 318 dist to keep the "good one" for themselves. I will go back into my "library" of service manuals and see if that checks out.

I am restoring a 71 Challenger convertible with a 340 and I believe that it came with a dual point distributor. It was a pain in the butt to adjust both sets of points and get the proper dwell... Single points are much easier to set up.

I have a late build '71 with broadcast sheet/fender tag and two previous owners that will attest to the '71 having original/stock electronic ignition.

Very Rare to find a 71 with elec ign. bulletin came out on may 6 71 but the switchover was more around june 1st and even then most were getting points, the code for electronic ign is N23.

Attachments

• 5147735-z9 (1280x960).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 105
Interesting. If you read the bulletin, only the four speed 340's were getting the electronic ign. Is this the only engine that got it, or did they release other bulletins for the other engines? Also if the changeover was in June, it was only for the last month of production as they change over to the new model in the middle of June and begin in early July.

What did they build out the automatic 340s with in 71? Then did all four speed 340s get electronic ignition in 72? Then why is the electronic ignition considered to be changed in 73 across the board if they pulled the change ahead like the 71 340 four speeds? How did you get a hold of this TSB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back