-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swifterthanyou

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am listing this car for a friend of mine who is technologically phobic.

This is a true 1971 340 Duster for sale with clear title located in Upper Marlboro, MD.

Vin: VS29H1B403010

Has just about if not everything to put her back together including original 727 trans and standard bore 3340 engine (have not checked the numbers to ensure is number matching but will next week), deluxe interior and 8.75" rear with the 741 case and 3.91 gears. You may want to take note that this is a ralley dash car and that it appears to have had a vinyl top at some time along with a very rare air cleaner and sharkstooth grille.

My friend bought this car back from a client that had attempted to replace the rear floors and isntalling a roll cage (to go racing with) but never got that far into the car due to health concerns. So after selling him the car over fifteen years ago, bought it back and wishes to sell it as you see it.

I have many photos but can't post all of them here so please PM me with an email address and I will send.

Please also note that I only spent about ten minutes photgraphing the car and did not go through all of the boxes but it appears that most if not all of the motor is there including big valve J Heads that were rebuilt but never installed. In addition, I noticed that the car has had the fender tag removed as someone was attmepting to smooth out the inner fenders for paint but alas, never finised.

The front floors will need some patching but the under structure appears to be solid along with the inner fenders. I did not detect any Bondo in the drivers' fender but did not really test the passanger.

He is asking for $5000 obo, we will load onto a transport at your expense and as car is located at a commercial used car and parts lot.

Please send me a PM for contact information, needed to delete personal contact info in keeping with the rules of this site. Thanx for your consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 4,142
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4,124
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4,272
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 4,060
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 4,057
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 4,012
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3,980
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 4,014
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4,024
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 4,052
Looks like a great project, do you have the fender tag?..It looks like a v24 car which adds to the value!

neat car , good price , should move pretty quick , i dont know why people go nuts over the v24 option , some flat black treatment & a sticker thats good for @ least another 15mph thru the traps :) , couldnt help myself ....

So the car is at B&B now? Cool to see a 71 340 so close to home, might have to take a ride up there to check it out but it looks like its in the private fence. I think a fender tag reading would help also.

Someone on this site is lokking for a v24 project. Did I see a roll bar in there?

Person who is looking for V24 code has already written and we are tracing down as much info as possilble and yes, the previous owner has installed a roll cage but it can be easily removed if someone were to restore.

Not really sure what a V24 code is but my buddy is trying to get some time to look for the fender tag and/or build sheet. He just called and said that the hood is clearly showing the ghost inmprint of where the angles 340 decal was removed. If I'm not mistaken, the angled 340 decal was only put on flat black hoods and was a wedge 340 car, correct (he says hoping someone will contribute their vast knowlege on this issue)?

As soon as I know something further, I will let all of you know what he finds.

We are still trying to verify that this car is a 340 Wedge Duster. Build sheet is not under the rear lower seat and we are still going through the boxes and containers that came back with the car, if we find anything, we will let you know.

to further bolster our belief that this the hood is original, the red paint on the car is the same color as the bottom of the hood appears to be the original paint. The black on the hood is the same as what is on the fenders, doors and rear window sills.

The hood still bears the angled 340 decal ghosted image after the decal was removed. The car was sold to a mopar collect some 15-18 years ago, was dimantled to the level you see in the pictures and left in storage this way for over a decade.

We are still looking!

Not really sure what a V24 code is but my buddy is trying to get some time to look for the fender tag and/or build sheet. He just called and said that the hood is clearly showing the ghost inmprint of where the angles 340 decal was removed. If I'm not mistaken, the angled 340 decal was only put on flat black hoods and was a wedge 340 car, correct (he says hoping someone will contribute their vast knowlege on this issue)?

As soon as I know something further, I will let all of you know what he finds.

Correct, the decal was part of the v24 package on the 71 340 dusters.

As well as the front vinyl top trim on the front window pillar. You'll also notice that the inside top of the door will be a satin black as well as the trim panel in the back that goes around the rear side windows.

looks like a column, no vinyl top, version of mine so any word on the tag macho has already offered to buy mine from a you tube clip but sadly it isn't for sale

Attachments

• i18478.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,296
I was wondering if it was the same car(lol). If you ever change your mind please let me know.

Latest intell 5/16/11:

Mark and I have confirmed that the engine is numbers matching, has been bored and machined and heads are freshly rebuilt, engine is ready for re-assembly.

Both Mark and I looked throught all boxes and containers that came with the car and did not find either the build sheet or the fender tag. I spoke with the previous owner of the car and he did state that he had removed the tag to smooth out the inner fenders some 15 years ago but was not hopefull of finding it. He also noted that he had started folders for each of his cars and would look for this cars folder but told me not to hold my breath, I will continue to speak with him in hopes that he finds something.

According to all of the physical evidence right down to the hood latches, this appears to be a V24 code 340 Wedge Duster but you know as well as I, untill we can prove it, it is just another 340 Duster, not that there's anything wrong with that!

We have still not located either the build sheet or the fender tag to prove this is a v24 car so... Any reasonable offers???

I just got done looking at the car. Someone needs to pick this up, its a very nice project and even has the numbers matching engine and all. From what I saw it needs bottom quarters but I couldn't get a good look at it because i got told its for employees only so I had to come back out. Seems like a nice project, that fender tag would help a lot though.

We have still not located either the build sheet or the fender tag to prove this is a v24 car so... Any reasonable offers???

Without any way to authenticate the equipment on the car as it was built at the factory, it might be worth contacting either Galen or another Mopar authority to prove the car's equipment.

Otherwise, what you have is a car that is missing critical pieces of info. that sets the overall market value for the car.

If you head over to Mark's shop, ask for him and he will take you to the private yard to look it over.

I actually managed to get in there and go all the way around it for a good 5 min without being detected haha. When I was leaving I stopped back by and got told to stay out. I wouldn't mind having it but we don't have any room and I think knowing what the car car with would be a great help. Looks like a decent project and we might be looking for one within the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back