1971 Dart instrument blank insert

-

chasbass

Reaction score
Could anyone help with telling me where the website is to the company that was making the carbon fiber instrument blanks? I lost the website and I have the instrument speedo and gauges out and want the blank so that I may make my own instrument cluster. Thanks Chasbass

OMG Redline says that the 1971 dash is not the same as the 1972? They said that they do not make the 1971. I say its the same. Any help would be apreciated

when i got my rockymountian dash they had to have pics of my dash because they swors i had a 69 dash.. nope it was a 71 dash. just full wood grain..

have any pics of your dash?

I will have in a day or so the car is at my friends house. I swear the dash at readline is the right one.

1971 Dart dash I need a insert blank anyone know where to get one?

IMG00040.jpg

Wow! Thanks but cut what the Redline Dash or the Rock mountain dash. Which brand dash is in picture?

Wow! Thanks but cut what the Redline Dash or the Rock mountain dash. Which brand dash is in picture?

my dash is a rocky mount dash. you'll have to cut the hell out of the stock dart dash to fit either the redline or RMD if you intend to actually put gauges in...lol. just figured i'd mention it incase your against that type of thing...

Chasbass. Take a look at your dash. Notice the area on your dash where your light and wiper switch are, all that metal. On a 72 and newer that metal is not there. If you get an aftermarket dash cluster that metal has to be cut out. On 72 and newer the switches are in the cluster. Or you can get a 72 or newer dash and put in your car, but then you have the VIN# to change out as well. Just my $.02

I think I am gonna make me a custom blank. I got some skills Its about time I use them. thanks for the help everyone...

I gave them a call today to order one, it probably doesn't help, but it fits 70-76 Dusters. However, the headlamp and wiper knobs may have to be relocated depending on the size and number of gauges you use. I'll be using a speedo, oil pressure, fuel, engine temp, trans temp, volts, which might make it tough for the knobs to fit, according to what they said.

I'll take some pics when I get it, should be about a week or so

Who are you calling what is the phone number?

Its on their website, which was posted above..... 661-259-8891 is the number that I used. The lady answering the phone is just their secretary, I talked to Andrew as well, he seemed to be fairly knowledgable.

Mine finally showed up, and I installed my gauges tonight. I think it turned out well. I am going to leave the tach mounted to the top of the dash, but I bought one to match these gauges...

The reason the smaller gauges are up so high is to leave room for the headlight and wiper switches.. They fit pretty good between the pair of gauges closer to the bottom. I just didn't know what size hole to drill yet, so I'll leave that until I install it.

DSCN1138.jpg

Those inserts will not fit in your car chasbass! I just had one and it wasnt right. Our dashes are the standard or deluxe dashes. There is no dash that will fit but a rocky mountain or a custom one. Your either going to make your own or use the original. Trust me I already went through the headache. You will not have to cut the dash but end up adding metal to the sides. Those inserts are made for the dash bezels that have the wipers and lights in them not in the metal like ours.

So is rocky mountain out of buisness? If they are still around do you have a contact number?

Is this a rocky mountain dash? Could you post a picture of the original dash Please?

I'm interested in this also. I have been trying to repair my 68 cuda instrument panel and am not happy with my results so far. Mine is an electrical problem ( the pin connectors broke off and I put rivets in place) but it is also ugly. The black has peeled off in places, the silver has bubbled off in places, and a previous owner cut the panel for a radio. I might just scrub this one and try a blank and use my Autometer gauges in the dash.

-
Back